“5 star for the view alone”

Casa De Blue Studios
Ranked #2 of 5 Lourdata B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just returned from our second trip to casa de blue and couldn't be happier. Stayed a week . Room is simple and spotless with the most spectacular view of the ocean, mount aenos and Zante . The pool is a real bonus and the food fantastic traditional Greek cuisine presented in a modern and appealing manner along with delicious carafes, or half carafes of delicious local wines. Marinos and daughter Effi ensure everything runs smoothly and provide a warm, fun and friendly atmosphere. Thank you so much for making us so welcome, again. See you in September we hope. Dickens.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea and are as good as each other. There is no fitness centre but couldn't ma...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mocska11

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been visiting Lourdas for 8 years. Each time I come I discover something new and exciting. It is almost like the first time. I go to the beach and then I plan my evening outing. I like to eat out because I am on my own. I usally eat towards the beach. But this year I stayed on the main road and discovered Casa De Blue Restaurant. It looked fresh and inviting. So I went in and I was very glad that I did. I had the lamb de blue and it was so tender. The waiter told me they slow cook it until it falls off of the bone, and it did! The service was great and the conversation. Very friendly and not over powering. It was the best. Dessert was a huge chocolate and cookie crepe. I ate there every night. Fresh Salmon was superb. Too many items to list, When visting Lourdas please stop there and enjoy ther views and excellent food. A plus for Kefalonia.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Yousr778
Reviewed September 30, 2012

we ate here a few times this year and every time was good -We found the owner to be friendly ..even invited us in for drinks when we'd ate elsewhere ! The food was always good and the service too - we couldn't fault it

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LizzylobsUk
Reviewed September 7, 2012

As soon as we arrived and paid the taxi driver the owner greeted myself and my girlfriend quite warmly but it seemed like he was preoccupied with something which we later learnt was because he had seen the taxi driver charge us more than the acceptable rate from the airport and was trying to catch him before he drove off. He later told us that he had rung the boss of the taxi firm for us and complained for us! At least we knew we were being looked after!

We had a room on the first floor around the front which was perfect and exactly as advertised. The room and en-suite was clean when we arrived. we had a hob and sink along with all the relevant pots, pans, plates and cutlery. The balcony had 2 chairs and a table, all we needed. The bathroom's shower wasn't great as you had to hold the shower head to actually shower yourself, as it didn't have an attachment to fit to the wall. My girlfriend informed me that the loo-paper was very rough so it may be worth buying some softer stuff from one of the 3 supermarkets along the road.

We found the best value for money super market to be Petro's (which also happens to be the furthest, but only about 300m so no biggie). There were plenty of car and motorbike hire places too, but the owner gave us a price from one of his friends which was much cheaper than the prices that the ones along the road gave us (he also arranged our taxi back at "mates rates" price too, definitely worth getting to know him and his family a bit!)

Beach 2km away, easy to walk down, not so fun on the way back after you've been in the sun! Then again we managed it by taking it slow and stopping at the supermarkets to stand in their AC for a bit ;) .

Dined at the majority of the restaurants nearby, but didn't get into the elusive olive lounge because we put it off till the last night we were there and when we did try there was a 1hour wait, very popular it seems! Everywhere very nice, but we fell in love with Casa de Blue's "Plated Kebab" aka Souvlaki. The View (slightly down the road) little van/restaurant has a souvlaki night every Friday for 1.50 euro and cheap every thing else too, which we found a great treat. La Mer looks nice but lacked the "greek" atmosphere we were looking for.

I say "Greek" in speech marks because everywhere we turned we saw Brits abroad, a bit ironic but put us off a bit as we couldn't put it out of our minds- we were looking to emerse ourselves a little more. We possibly went at the wrong time of year (late August/Start of September), and we may also be a bit young (both 19), but we kept to ourselves and enjoyed ourselves never-the-less. Being 19 and not experienced enough to be confident to drive a moped with my precious load as passenger we could maybe have escaped from that and gotten away from our fellow Brits but c'est la vie.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank George R
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Cheap,Clean rooms with modest cooking facilities.The rooms were cleaned almost every day and sheets/towels changed 3 times over the week,Good food in the restaurant, If you enjoy fresh fish or giant shrimps cooked on a BBQ grill they were superb as were the traditional Greek dishes. Nothing was too much trouble for the owner Marius or his daughters, The family were most polite and helpful.The place Lourdas is pointless for Teens / 20s there would be to little to do for that age group but for the older sensible people it was very good. Hire a car from the airport and use the normal transfer IE Coach / Taxi fees to go towards your car rental. A car is a must for me and it adds to the freedom to explore. The island is a nice quiet type of holiday destination and well reccomended for a no pressure holiday.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank philjudo
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was a cheap last minute booking and gave us everything that we needed. A spacious clean room with a good sized balcony that offered great views. The restaurant offered good quality food though was a little expensive when compared with others in the vicinity. Marinas the owner was there to greet us when we arrived and was always on hand to answer our needs. He runs this place on a very small number of staff who constantly seem to be changing. There is a small supermarket next door that satisfied all our breakfast requirements (normally peaches and yogurt). Beware of the walk to the nearest beach when the temperature is in the high 30s.We managed it for the first couple of days and hired a car after that! When it's hot definately worth paying the 5 Euro a night for air conditioning

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have good views
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pontiff
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Caught a last minute flight, and only booked this place a few hours before we flew. Greeted by the owner when we arrived, our room was spotless. Views were amazing, the service was excellent, I would certainly go back. Best place in Kefalonia

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank iangeegan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lourdata
Garbis Villas & Apartments
#43 of 112 in Cephalonia
Eagle's Nest Studio
Eagle's Nest Studio
#2 of 34 in Lourdata

Been to Casa De Blue Studios? Share your experiences!