“Liana is an excellent hostess, The Olive Lounge is a great place.”
Review of The Olive Lounge

The Olive Lounge
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Lourdas
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Durham, United Kingdom
“Liana is an excellent hostess, The Olive Lounge is a great place.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Me and my wife had the pleasure of staying in Lourdas in May 2012. We visited a few of the local restaurants, one of which was The Olive Lounge. We basically stuck to going there after we discovered it!! The food was beautiful, the restaurant itself was attractive and quite contemporary, the terrace had beautiful views across towards Zakynthos and it was reasonably priced.

My wife invariably ordered the peppers to start, then sea bass, then usually some yoghurt and honey as a dessert.

I chose the pan-fried drunken calves liver. Fabulous!!

So, the food and venue were certainly very nice, but this was also complemented by the really attentive staff, who were pleasant and friendly, especially Karen.

I would have to single out Liana as being a perfect hostess. Polite, interesting and respectfully friendly, she is clearly a very professional woman who is passionate about her restaurant and about providing the best possible service to her customers. We chatted with her a lot during our few visits and found she is equally passionate about her island and gave us a few hints and tips.

She even sourced us some local pine honey on our last visit as we were unable to find any in the shops in Lourdas - a huge jar of it - and wouldn't accept any payment at all.

She is a credit to the friendliness of the Kefalonians and we will be paying another visit to The Olive Lounge this coming June, albeit we will be making a special trip from Katelios to do so.

We wish her all the success and best wishes.

Mr Adams

• Visited May 2012

• Greek first
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Stunning views, stunning food!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

When you walk into Olive Lounge you'll be met by a wonderful hostess, taken onto the rooftop dining area and as soon as you sit down you will look around in awe, because the views are simply stunning.

And that's just before you start to order your meal! There's a great range of food from starter right through to dessert, I particularly recommend the fried courgettes!

Visited June 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“2nd visit to Lourdas ,,, still excellent”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have been to Lourdas for 2x1 week breaks over the last 2 years and have eaten here about 6 time. I can honestly say that we have never had a bad meal. The service is wonderful the staff are really friendly and view early evening is to die for....

Visited September 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Extraordinary!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been going to Greece for 40 years, but honestly never for the food. I once ate in a wonderful place in Rhodos off the beaten track which was tremendous, but I never expected to find a place I loved on a new island for me (Lourdas on Kefalonia) which also had an astonishingly good restaurant. Until, that is, we found the Olive Lounge last summer.

Owned & run by a young Greek /South African woman who takes enormous pride in her venture it has a gorgeous rooftop location with sweeping views across the straits to Zakynthos, our other favourite place in the Ionian Islands.

The food is carefully sourced daily by the proprietor and beautifully prepared in a spotless open kitchen. The menu is interesting without being crazy, and as an example I once ordered a hamburger there which was the best I have ever tasted anywhere. She makes something like a simple garden salad sensational by the addition of a few extra simple but transforming ingredients.

We normally try to vary our eating in Greece but once we found the Olive Lounge we ate there 10 times that fortnight. We did try the other "quoted" place twice and it was horrible. It did not make sense to go anywhere else, therefore, and looking around the other tables in this quietly sophisticated place a lot of the other diners seemed to have made the same sensible decision.

Did I also mention it is ridiculously good value? Well, it is and we can't wait to get back there next summer. I salivate even to think about it...

Thank you to the Olive Lounge for helping to make our holiday in 2012 one of the best we ever had.

• Visited July 2012
UK
“Best on the island”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Unfortunately we only managed to eat at the olive lounge once this year but have been going since it opened, it has got better year by year and liana's enthusiasm to make the place a success really shows. It is not intended to be a Greek taverna, as there are plenty available, but if you want good food with a great setting at a reasonable price then this is the place. The downside of this success is that it is now necessary to book rather than just turn up, but that's no great issue, as long as you know. Don't miss it

Visited June 2012