“Perfect for Honeymoon in May!”

and 1 more site!
SENSIMAR Grand Mediterraneo Resort & Spa by Atlantica
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ermones
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I honeymooned here in May 2012 and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to review it, but we had an absolutely 100% relaxing, lovely time. The weather was warm enough to sunbathe, get a nice tan, and enjoy the pool (which was very cold, but enjoyable) and we had plenty of chair options (though I admit we moved towels a few times because saving a chair while you're eating breakfast is just lame). The entertainment for the week was Encore, a lovely couple who sang and played guitar, and it was just the right amount of ambience for the stay. Drinks were fantastic, and the food - absolutely AMAZING. Best food I've ever had, I think. The choices was incredible and changed a bit every day, though some of my favourites were there each time! Breakfast had some of the best fresh fruit I've ever had, and everything was so tasty. The staff couldn't do enough for you and everyone was so friendly and smiley. Only had trouble with one staff member at the desk who gave us incorrect information and didn't see to have the time of day for us (wish I could remember her name now) but everyone else was fantastic and we just learned to avoid her after a few days. The beaches are shingle but a lovely place to walk around, and the views are just spectacular. We enjoyed walking up and down the stairs - great exercise and stunning views so we often walked rather than took the funicular, though that ran smoothly while we were there. Only complaint about the room - which had another amazing view from the balcony - were the silverfish (bugs). Could do with a bit of work on the pesticide front to keep those pests away because in such a nice room, it's a shame to be chasing down nasty bugs before going to bed, but the room had everything we needed and the bathroom was huge. Gorgeous setting, nicely sprawled out. We played tennis which was nice, but tried to book some spa treatments and since the spa had recently had a fire, it was shut and therefore treatments were taking place in a room - and were impossible to book. There was one slot left when we arrived so I booked it. That day we took a day boat trip out (with Theo - he's amazing... definitely book one of his trips! We went to the mainland...food was great, fun music, and day was stunning) and the bus ride back to the resort (not the resort's fault) ran really late, driving incredibly slowly and getting stuck on hairpin turns dropping others off at their resorts first. So by the time I got back for my spa treatment, it was about 10 minutes late and they'd cancelled me and couldn't fit me in elsewhere. That was annoying, but I didn't let it ruin the stay.

Overall, would definitely return if we're ever back to Corfu. The Thompson rep wasn't very helpful, but the resort itself was lovely. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MacBrideJB

Reviewed May 5, 2013

*Good things
1.Room is comfortable,clean, spacious and simple..we had a sea view room and it was amazing
2.Relaxing beach with hotel provided umbrella and sun lounger.
3.Hotel beach bar was good.
4.Lovely evening event with live music
5.Breakfast was good

*Down side
1.We had a rent car so we could drive to main building for breakfast everyday...but if you don't have a rent car...it would be hard to walk
2.Using Internet was expensive

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great hotel stunning views. On arrival we have had a few glitches, no hot water but soon fixed. Found the staff to be very pleasant. The down side had to wait at least 15 min to get any attention from the bar person so that we could collect our pool towels and bar food can take some time to be served . Hopefully this will all sort it self out during our stay

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rod B
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was the most relaxing holiday I've had for years. Our room was beautiful and we had a stunning view of the sea and mountains. The fact that the hotel is built into the hillside simply added to it's charm - though we were very near to the top and so the amenities were close by. The staff were delightful and we especially enjoyed the yoga and stretching with Erica. The food was quite exceptional, especially the breakfast buffet. I would definitely return (and that is something I never usually say!)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Caroltwocoats
Reviewed April 7, 2013

30th July to August 13th 2012 Excellent stay
Our anniversary holiday started with a great welcome and a drink at reception then taken to our room in a golf buggy to find a very clean modern room, then to open the curtains to find what view we had been given as we had booked a room with a sea view only "some reviews knock this term as you may have to look to the right to see it?" What a shock our balcony had steps down to our very own private sun deck & infinity pool! Yes Upgraded by hotel "Oh! yes you have to look to the right for a breath taking view of the bay and sea! What more can you ask free reception wifi free room internet plugin for laptop, child free 12days of total chill out fantastic holiday beginning to end.

All hotel staff each and everyone 100% Thompson holiday Rep Emma 100%. & the Thompson Corfu trip information given in booklet form explaining in detail each and every trip along with order form. This should be a Thompson standard at all hotel locations as we had 3trips booked due to information provided in booklet all worth the money.

Now the Wasps problem? yes when using outside restaurant but no problem when you eat in the inside restaurant area with Air con. Only taking our drinks outside round the pool bar at sunset wasp problem sorted! alcohol price etc. we found no different from UK hotels. During our day with our own pool & not having to use main pool we purchased our wine soft drink milk etc. at the local shop found at the main gate at low price on way back from beach Every room has a fridge we used it along with kettle tea & coffee provided free Only problem with this hotel is how do you beat it on you next holiday!

Would I go back YES 100% by the way I have no left knee cap and walk with a limp "I wonder why people complain about this hotel set on a steep hill to trip adviser when all you have to do is read the reviews by others And view the photos? all they had to do is ask or phone reception for a golf buggy to pickup or take you back to your room.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
19  Thank Michael T
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Its been sometime since our June 2012 stay but I still remember the resort very fondly, the cliff top views, the quiet "child free" pool area and the great cocktails! We stayed in a junior suite, just above the main complex, with views out to the mountain and slight sea views to the right. Our room was excellent, large large (not two shoved together!) and great bathroom, with large walk in shower area separate from the bath, and his and her sinks...a must for any guy with a lady friend who packs every conceivable spray/lotion/cream...keep it on your side missy! lol. There isnt a strict policing of 'no towels' reserving but theres plenty of places to catch the sun. As the upper resort consists of lots of plateau's its great to find a no so over crowded space to relax, really adds to the peaceful ethos of the resort.

For anyone who is blind (the pics show the resorts most complained about issue) the resort is on a cliff - layered down so each row of rooms has views. Of course those near the bottom will need legs to get to the top or use the very slow moving lift - if you go this resort and later think "i'll complain about the hill" then I personally think you should count yourself fairly ignorant for not reading any reviews and look at the pictures - its not a fault of the hotel - in fact it adds to the views available from its position. The beach of Ermones is quiet and small, and stoney, there are some bars and restaurants, personally I found them no cheaper than the hotel.

If you do go, I would recommend half board as a late breakfast and early dinner should get you through, and if you do fancy a snack for lunch then their not over priced (one club sandwich will do two people) the food itself was very good for a 'buffet style' serving. I definitely put on weight on my trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the main complex if you don't like hills!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank MJHowells
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as we wanted a quiet relaxing but contemporary holiday and we got it all when we stayed at the Grand Meditteraneo.
We opted for a room with private pool so we had an alternative to sitting around the main pool but as it turn out we stayed by our own pool all week! The luxury of having your own space was worth the upgrade.
The staff are friendly especially Laura and Erica on the entertainment and we loved Phillipos and Kostas on the bar at night, they made our evenings!
The entertainment was varied, not all was our cup of tea but we were very impressed with Mark and his tribute to the rat pack! Lovely guy too and we had a laugh with him at the bar on a night.
The hotel is set not a hill, please take note of this before you book an ensure you get a room higher up if you have issues with this, we were at the bottom but it didn't bother us in the slightest in fact I did it more than once in heels (although to some funny looks!) and the walk back after dinner was quite nice. They are more than happy to pick you up and drop you off in the golf buggies though so it is not a problem if you get an room lower down.
The variety of food was lovely and for Half board we could not complain, to have duck and beef carpaccio on holiday is amazing and shows how this hotel sets out to be exceptional.
The wasps in September are a little bit of a pest and forbsomeone who ran into a swarm the year prior I was a little apprehensive however if you buy some ground coffee (the sachets in the room don't work!) at the shop and burn it in an ashtray this more than keeps them at bay for a couple of hours.
We took a trip into Corfu town as there is a bus straight from the hotel however we didn't get the opportunity to appreciate the town due to a massive storm that came in whole we were there so we took refuge in a street cafe!
A lovely holiday if you want peace and quiet in a beautiful setting, highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Davethebunny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ermones
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa
Philoxenia Hotel Corfu
Mayor Capo Di Corfu
Mayor Capo Di Corfu
#1 of 4 in Lefkimi

Been to SENSIMAR Grand Mediterraneo Resort & Spa by Atlantica? Share your experiences!