“Changed my perspective about food!”

La Terrasse Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Golden Beach
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Terrasse is a family run restaurant at the Enavlion Hotel, which opened doors in June 2010 with the expectation to meet with your anticipations and bring the level of experience in high standards.We are of the belief that a good meal makes your day and is an integral part of your ideal holidays, which everyone waits for more than a year.We have the passion, the knowledge and the experience to serve you in the best possible way.We would like to welcome you and wish you“Bon Appetit”
Thessaloníki, Thessaloniki, Greece
“Changed my perspective about food!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I visited LaTerasse this summer and I am astonished by the quality, quantity and serving of the dishes. I tasted both complicated and simple dishes and they were all perfctly tasty and well cooked.The special white wine of the restaurant is the best I have ever tried. The personnel was very polite and helpful. Even though I caused some damages and broke some utensils, they didn't make me feel uncomfortable and they immediately repaired everything.This place is definetely a guarantee experience even for the most demanding visitors of Thassos since quality and pricing are in a perfect balance.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank AnastasiaSiapka

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
UK
“Super, First class”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Returned to this restaurant, on our final evening in Thassos (I had been here before in 2011 when staying Golden Beach) and you know how it goes when you go back somewhere for a second visit it never seems as good as the first time but not here - it was as good if not better if that is at all possible - My daughter, who was on her first Thassos visit and I shared a starter, thank goodness we did it was main course size. I had 'Velvet Pork' for mains - it was just lovely and you complimentary desserts where just delicious. The quality of the food was superb, the service excellent - no more expensive than some of the beachfront tavernas.

• Visited August 2013
Rossett
“Top Class at Average Prices”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

With its lovely outdoor terrace and 1st class food this is without doubt the best restaurant I've eaten in Thassos, and I've eaten in plenty. The menu has a much more cosmopolitan look to it than most on the island but it still carries a selection of traditional Greek dishes. I've never visited at peak times of the season but I've always found the service good(if it is a little slow then kick back and relax, this is Greece!). The food has always been excellent and I'm already looking forward to my next visit in September

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank craig h
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Sublime restaurant”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I ate at La Terrasse 3 years ago and gave it 5 stars - if only now I could give it 8. The food is the best I've eaten, the staff are so friendly and efficient, and everything is great value. On a recent visit to Thassos we ate there every night but one and regret the one. The family who run the restaurant, and the hotel, are Greek national treasures. I can't wait to return next year.

• Visited August 2013
Shoeburyness, United Kingdom
“Why this is listed as No1 I do not know!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I find it hard to understand why this restaurant is No 1 in Golden Beach, I have rated it as average because it is slightly better than poor.

Firstly having booked 3 days previously for a table at 8pm we were sat down and had to wait 20 mins to be offered a drink or a menu. My wife and I were also under the impression that it was quite a dressy restaurant, this was confirmed by the prices rather than the dress of the waiters, our waiter was in jeans, white trainers with bright red laces, and a dirty white shirt, hardly what we had expected.

We ordered starters, and a main course each, a pint of lager, and a gin and tonic, by the time our starts arrived we had already finished our drinks, our second drinks order arrived during our main course.

Although sat outside we were plagued by the smoke from those around us smoking. A French family of 10 were sat next to us, whom quite frankly need to learn some manners as their children continually walled around pushing between our table and where they were sat.

Overall this restaurant is overpriced our meal was double that of every other meal we had on the island and quite frankly not as nice as those half the price.

I would not and could not recommend this restaurant to anybody, the complimentary desert was sickly and inedible, the staff poor and shabbily dressed which sadly proves that all that glistens is not gold. This restaurant looks fantastic and stands out as it is beautifully decorated and lit at night, sadly it does not measure up food wise.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Dslaughts
PanosB, Owner at La Terrasse Restaurant, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear valued guest,

First of all thank you very much for visiting our family restaurant. We value all the guests that are coming to La Terrasse and every comment is welcome. It is true that it is the first time I am responding to a comment in public, as usually i respond to everyone by inbox.

Starting from the dressing code you mentioned, I would like to inform you that in the restaurant we try to keep it simple. By wearing a jeans and a polo T-shirt/ shirt we would like to make everyone feel welcome, either if they are coming with their best dress or even with their swimming suite. Of course during the very busy hours you may get a little bit dirty, but this is something that it can happen when you deliver and collect hundreds of dishes in a couple of hours.

You mentioned that you had a meal that was double the price as you usually have. I believe that this is very inaccurate. Apart from the fact that there is always a menu with the prices of the restaurant in the entrance where everyone can see and judge whether to take a lunch /dinner or not, I believe that having a freshly baked Mousaka for 7.50€, a tomato and cuccumber salad for 3.60€, a Chicken fillet for 8,90€ or a fresh Sea-Bream (350-400 grams) for 12 euros doesn't make our restaurant double pricey.
Further more every day we have the daily special menu which consists of an Appetizer, a starter, a salad, a main meal and a dessert on a price between 11,90€ to 14,90€.
Even if you try some of the dishes of our Gourmet cuisine such as Chicken in Champagne for 11€ or the Maitre D' hotel beef steak for 13,90€, or the Pork Steak in Thyme honey with mustard for 11,50€, we believe that we deliver a very good value for the money someone spends here, which is something you can notice reading the other 65 reviews of our family restaurant.

As far as the free complimentary dessert is concerned, everyday we have a different one, from homemade choco-cakes, panacotas with fruit flavors, creme caramele, to traditional Greek desserts such as Baklava, Kataifi and Walnut-pies. Unfortunately you didn't enjoy the creme caramele at the night of your visit but if you would have mentioned it to us that you don't like this specific dessert we would prepare something else for you. Usually our guests adore them!

In our family run Restaurant "La Terrasse" we want everyone to feel happy and enjoy every moment they spend with us. We have all been on vacation (we are not only working :))) ) as well and we know how it feels to feel welcome to a place. We keep our food quality and service in very high standards and our main target is to give our valued guests the best time of their day!

With the Best of Regards,