We rarely visit the same place twice but loved our holiday at the Alexandra Golden Boutique so much that we decided to return this year - a brilliant decision!!
We had such a warm welcome that we felt relaxed as soon as we set foot inside the hotel. A lovely touch was a bottle of wine welcoming us back, we were very touched by this.
The hotel is so peaceful with every member of staff making sure that your holiday is perfect. The adults only policy is a major factor of our decision to stay at The Alexandra Boutique, this means that you are able to enjoy hotel and beach in peace.
This year a new addition is a beach bar, we spent time relaxing here every day with drinks and/or lunch - the club sandwich is fantastic! Breakfast is wonderful and is served from 8-12 with a varied choice every day. we always ate at 8am and loved the quiet start to our day.
Every area of the hotel is spotless and luxurious, cleaners and maintenance staff do a wonderful job.
I would like to make special mention of George - what a wonderful young man, an asset to the hotel! Also Katerina, so friendly and efficient.
This year we had two couples' massages and I highly recommend this- absolutely gorgeous.
There are a number of restaurants both in Golden Beach and in Skala Potamia. Our favourites were Playa d'Oro, Finikas, Green Sea and Karambousa.
Skala Potamia is a bit busier than Golden Beach if you prefer this.
We hired a jeep for 2 days, this is worth doing. Highlights of our days were -
- a visit to Kastro to see the House of Bones - also visit the only taverna for an interesting chat with Kostas
- a relaxing afternoon at Agios Iannis Beach with a delicious lunch at the beach bar. This is a gorgeous cove with beautiful clear water
- Thassos town including a visit to Costis the potter- this is a must do, he has some gorgeous pieces, all hand made in the pottery
The Thomson's rep was James. Welcome meetings are often rather tedious affairs but James did an excellent job. We were very impressed with his local knowledge and he was so helpful, leaving a little tip for enhancing your holiday most days at reception.
We may break the habit of a lifetime and return again next next year!!!
Well done Alexandra Boutique - absolutely first class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury boutique Adults Only Hotel combine modern architecture with minimal aesthetics aiming at the ultimate comfort and relaxation being one of the best Thassos hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alexandra Golden Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Golden Boutique Beach