“Amazin”
Review of Thomas Bay

Thomas Bay
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We went for a week for my gfriends bday and loved every min staff amazin hotel so clean and entertaining fantadtic pool min from beach tv in room fantadtic food and Thompson rep was brill help defo goin bk 110% thanks Thomas bay for a fantastic holiday Tommy & Donna

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Tommy7177
There are newer reviews for Thomas Bay

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Just got back from 2 wonderful weeks staying at the Thomas Bay Hotel. I truly cannot fault it. We had a beautiful room and balcony containing a nice table and 2 pink directors chairs, top floor, looking onto the front street from where you could watch the sunset over the sea. The location is superb, right in the centre of the main street and 5 minutes to the beach. Our room was spotlessly clean, with towels changed daily, lovely crisp white bed linen, comfortable beds and pillows and plenty hot water and the shower pressure was like a power shower. Also pleasantly surprised to find a hairdryer and a TV in our room.

The whole hotel, grounds and large pool are kept immaculately clean and the place always smelt fresh and lovely to me. I enjoyed the breakfasts every morning. The yoghurt and honey is the best I've tasted, you could stand your spoon up in it. You can get cornflakes or fresh fruit salad as an alternative, but I sometimes got fresh fruit salad with yoghurt and honey on top, which was delicious and refreshing. You also get orange juice, a pot of tea (PG Tips teabag and pot of hot water) or a mug of freshly ground coffee (which will be topped up if you ask - they always had plenty on the go) with 2 slices of toast with butter and marmalade or strawberry jam. My husband often had the cooked Full English for 2.5 euros, which contained 2 fried eggs, 2 rashers of bacon, a sausage and beans. He thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was excellent quality and value. I often had 2 soft boiled eggs for 2.5 euros which were perfectly cooked.

The evening meals were fine too. There was plenty of choice (3 starters, 5 mains and about 8 desserts) and you always get a side salad with your main course. We could always find something to suit us. We usually went for the Greek choice i.e. Briami, Beef Stiffado, Lamb Kleftiko, Moussaka, which was always plentiful and you got a choice of jacket, boiled, roast potatoes or chips. They usually have things like Roast Chicken, Roast Pork, Chicken Curry, Pork Chops, Sweet and Sour Chicken and baked fish as alternatives. My husband had the liver with bacon and onions one evening and said it was the best he'd tasted. He said the same about their Pork Chop too. They do a lovely roast beef dinner every Sunday. We only ate out one evening during our stay (because we promised ourselves a return trip to the Beachcomber restaurant where we ate so often last year when we were in self catering accommodation). I loved the Strawberry Cheesecake or the Strawberries and Cream for dessert, whilst my husband always had the Panacotta (chocolate or strawberry) or Creme Caramel. A half litre of very pleasant house wine with your meal costs 4.5 euros. The bar is very reasonably priced and usually has some form of entertainment on, which we thoroughly enjoyed. It's the best Karaoke we have been to - they have very good quality equipment and microphones which make the best of your voice.They do a good selection of cocktails too and the BEST Irish Coffee with Jamiesons whisky.

The large pool and pool area is lovely and peaceful and clean. The very best thing about this hotel for me though is the staff. They really are the nicest, funniest, kindest people you could meet and they work so hard to ensure you have a great holiday. They made us laugh every single day and night with their antics and excellent senses of humour and you soon begin to feel like part of one big happy family.

There is a lovely atmosphere about this place, it rubs off as soon as you arrive and makes you feel relaxed and happy (well it did for us anyway). The staff all genuinely seem to enjoy their work and mixing with the guests. We will definitely be booking up again for next year. I miss it already. I felt we were thoroughly spoiled whilst staying there. It's the best Greek accommodation I've experienced, so BRAVO to Thomas Bay Hotel and Staff. We will be back !!!

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors and no lift so if you are less mobile choose a ground floor. I prefer the up...
3  Thank Frances1Edinburgh
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This Hotel is very clean and comfortable. Beds not bad as hotel beds go! Rooms cleaned daily and linen/towels changed every few days, more often if towels were left in the shower base. Probem was that the base did not keep the water from wetting the bathroom floor so towels had to be used to mop up and make it SAFE to walk on after shower! All very well the managers asking us not to use them as bath mats but one mat was not enough for this type of wetroom! Floor unsafe to walk on when wet!!!
Food was acceptable, breakfast, typical Greek style but would have been much better with bread rolls instead of toast! Dinner's were very filling having loads of 'spuds/rice' served with Greek style oven cooked meat.(Casseroled for those of you who have never been to Greece before!) I like Greek food (simple home cooking,) but I think the chef was using cheaper cuts of meat/chicken to save money, the current financial crisis in Greece is affecting everyone very badly! I think personally that the amount of cash allowed per person per day on food, needs to be increased! HOPE THOMSON HOLS are listening now! The Greek people are struggling to earn a living and need to be paid up front if meals and services are to be improved here and all over the country!!! They can't buy what's needed if they have no cash or credit!!! This will no doubt mean that we, the customers will have to pay more for our hols as it's doubtful if Holiday companies will take a cut in profits! They should do though, the current crisis is affecting us all!!! (So we're constantly being told!)
Most of the residents were elderly in early May, some having been on a cruise first. This in mind I can see that the TBH would be a disappointment! So much going on on the cruise and so very quiet in Ag Stef! Having said that, it's well known to be a quiet area with not much going on unless one looks around for it. We did hire a car, for two weeks and really enjoyed driving round the island. Roads in the West/North West are not too good, just lanes some of them so making driving a bit tiring to say the least! Well worth the effort though as there are so many pretty/picturesque places to visit which we could not have done without a car! I would recommend this hotel and resort to people who enjoy a quiet, scenic holiday and not too fussy about the fact that this is a 3 star Hotel, not five star and certainly not quite like the cruise ships at all!!!
Bearing all this in mind, I do not blame the hotel staff for any problems people might have. They do there best to ensure we had a good holiday, with the meagre recources they have! A very friendly bunch of people as most Greeks are in my experience!

5  Thank Senior_1943E_A
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My husband and I have recently returned from a weeks stay at Thomas Bay Hotel following a weeks cruise with Thomson's, we have travelled extensively and this is by far the friendliest hotel we have ever stayed at. The staff cannot do enough for you and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. We went as strangers and by the end of the week felt more like friends. It is a clean and tidy hotel with nightly entertainment and good facilities. The food was of a good standard and there was usually something to suit everyone.

5  Thank Jackie G
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Thoma Bay ideally situated in the beautifuly resort of San Stefanos Avliotews in North West Corfu.
In the centre of the village it is near the local tavernas and few places that have evening entertainment. They have activity evenings in the hotel and the service and food are pretty good.Nice pool and bar!

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back of the hotel are away from the litle street noise you mau encounter.r
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank McQuiscky
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I write this report as my wife and I are horrified at the number of reports that highly rate this hotel and resort. My wife and I had the misfortune in staying at this hotel after our week's Thomson cruise, in October 11, we wished we had saved our money and gone home instead. Tripadvisor has had some negative coverage of late and I can see why judging from the number of good reports that appear about this hotel. Thomson brochures give Tripadvisor reports summary and after the reports on this hotel neither my wife and I will take any notice of these reports.The good things the hotel was clean and tidy, staff helpfull and pool very clean and tidy. The bad the resort is very poor, miles from nowhere and a very poor road link to anywhere if you do not drive, or wish to take a chance and drive on Corfu roads. A main street with a couple of spurs about 600 yds to beach. If one happens to want to stay on the beach, where one would need to take out loan to hire a sunbed, minimum charge a day. The best thing with the main street is that there are a few inexpensive cafes where one can top up due to the lack of food in the hotel. The breakfast consisted, as a previous reviewer said, 2 sloces of toast, cornflakes, already in bowl OR a yoghurt. Tea or coffee, 1 cup/mug, the teabag launched, with much practice,by the waiter, into the cup. Dinner was an eyeopener too, usually of poor quality, sometimes inedible, with no tea or coffee offered at the end. Jf one wanted a drink of water it was bottled and charged to your bill. Since my retirement my wife and I have travelled a bit and we have had poor hotels both abroad and in the UK but can honestly say this was our worst experience. Sorry,our opinion.

Room Tip: Choose one away from overlooking dining room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Robert L
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My friends and I stayed at this hotel during the summer for 10 days and my expectations were high as my friends had been previously.

Every aspect of the holiday was fantastic, the hotel, the beach, the room, the pools food and of course the entertainment.

The staff were wonderful joining in and having a laugh with the guests serving them whatever they needed and always checking everything was ok. The stass all ensured that food was acceptable and that you enjoyed it!

All round amazing!!

#1 of 13 in Agios Stefanos
Pictures Suites
Pictures Suites
#4 of 7 in Agios Stefanos

Been to Thomas Bay? Share your experiences!