“Strong tradition of professionalism and quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tschurtschenthaler

Tschurtschenthaler
Ranked #6 of 26 Dobbiaco B&B and Inns
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Strong tradition of professionalism and quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nowadays there are many hotels.The competition is great.Only the good one prevail.For me this hotel is very special.Has its own look and style and characteristics.If anyone pay attention to the decorations in the restaurant will notice how Think of all the smallest details.
Quiet,comfortable and clean hotel with excellent home made food.The staff is friendly and it is a professionaly trained.Also help whenever needed.Owners are wellcomng and always available for you.Know how to win clients to be returning again.Like me.Boldly recommend this family hotel where you will be pampered from the beginning to the end of your stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ElizaViolinist

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Simeonovo, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have spent about a week there and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very polite and competent. The room was clean and comfortable. The place is unique and it is close to the winter sports facilities. I am looking forward for my next visit and would definitely recommend the hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Martin D
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've just spent a few weeks here and found the hotel to be a perfect place for a variety of winter activities. The location is as central as you could want - close to everything - bus, train stations, walking distance to cross country ski trails, shops, cafes etc on your doorstep.
The hotel itself is a family run place and they seem to make you feel part of the family. None of this sycophantic posh hotel stuff - they genuinely care about your visit and are incredibly helpful - nothing is too much trouble.
The 5 course meal every night is superb - you will not go hungry here!
Rooms are very comfortable. The place is spotless and most of the staff who are not family have been here for years and years.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Andy M
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here the night before we began our walk of the Alta Via 1 (AV1) and it proved to be a great experience.
The rooms are comfortable and spacious enough, very clean and ours looked out towards th mountains and over the nearby structures decorated in their colourful window flower boxes.
Our breakfast was adequate and the evening meal etremely filling. Good home cooking is the best way to describe it.
My ony gripe was that when I asked for the Wi-Fi connection I was told that the 'computer was off and that the password would not be available till the boss came in the next day'. In the morning I asked the 'boss' who said she needed my passport to register me on the wi-fi as this was Italian law. Apparently it must only be Italian law in this hotel as I have never hnded over my passport for wi-fi anywhere before or after this occasion anywhere in Italy. A samll thing, but annoying.
Nonetheless, it was an enjoable and comfortble stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HotdogDave
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was invited to play on August 15th in this hotel.I have seen many hotels.But i was super pleasantly surpised by this one.It is centrally located in Dobbiaco.And the area arround is so beautiful.It is neat,small,boutique type hotel.Verry good running family hotel.With a perfect ciarity.The food is uniquely delicious.The service is professional and excellent.
What was the biggest surprise for me?
My audience was cordial and know all the performances by visiting Milan skala.All they sang with me all the time.Italian people are the most musical i know.My compliments for this.
It was an exciting and enjoyable experience
Many thanks to the owners and the entire team
I will come back one day WITH PLEASURE.THANK YOU!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Portland OR,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

We last stayed here for a nordic ski holiday in February 2012. Not a long walk to the tracks at the stadium, and another track right out the back door! In the center of the lovely town, close to bus stop and shops.
Rooms are nicely done and well kept; the dinners are fabulous, 5-course Italian fare with a wide variety. The breakfast buffet is generous, meat and cheese, breads and pastries, cereals and abundant coffee.
We have been staying here for 25 years, the family Tschurtschenthaler always gracious. We always visit in snow season, but once we came for the St. Nicolas time festivities; they have a big Krampus parade here (Tirolean traditional devils-march). The hotel was booked, but they put us in an apartment nearby, with meals in their hotel.
We've tried other hotels and pensions, but this is our favorite.

Room Tip: South side rooms are a little newer.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Brighton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed on an Exodus Cross Country Skiing Holiday. The hotel is about 1km further north than the hotel Laurin where I stayed previously which is much more convenient for the stadium if you want to pop out for a quick practice and also the railway station . However the Tschurtschenthaler is near the bus station so you win some and lose some.
Rooms were spacious with powerful hot shower but we found it difficult to keep the room cool enough to get a good nights sleep (when it was -10'C outside!). The whole hotel was a bit too hot for our liking. There was free WiFi and an internet login for 1.80 euro's per hour but the connection in our room was so poor that it was unusable. Our room was on the first floor and we found the plumbing quite noisy.
Food was good with plenty of variety, wine around 18 euro's a bottle. The waitress Sarah was excellent managing to keep things moving on her own with around 30 of us and maintain a good sense of humour.
The sauna was welcome after a days skiing and the pool adequate for cooling off after a sauna

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple