“The stuff memories are made of......”
Open-air 200 sq ft deck...about 10 feet from where guests park their car, plus 80 ft covered deck.
View of house (lower-level suite) from water...watch the boats glide by! ...just another day in paradise watching the sunset on your private wharf
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
View of house (lower-level suite) from water...watch the boats glide by!
...just another day in paradise watching the sunset on your private wharf
Living room with view of the water near curtained off queen bedroom
Full kitchen with everything you could need to cook a meal
Enjoy the ocean view while you dine! BBQ and 2 burner electric stove in cooking area on balcony also
Dx Master BR with King Bed / ocean view. Guests say they have great sleeps on this bed.
Comfortable second bedroom with queen bed (also with view of ocean).Bedroom has no door - curtained
Raining? who cares...we have you covered...part of 80 ft long covered deck (with BBQ cooking area)
gazebo to watch hummingbirds and relax in area above house...I have banana trees!
Tacky Tiki hut on wharf for privacy, to get out of any breeze or the sun for a cold one
32' double-slip wharf to moor your boat or launch kayak
Gazebo with ocean view (we usually hang out here)
Daniel with catch of the day. Or you could fish off our wharf!
Never a dull moment viewing from your own deck interesting boat traffic entering Pender Harbour
Lots of wildlife viewing opportunities at 'The Wharf'
Eagles are frequent visitors to trees near balcony of suite
Seals can be seen near the wharf all year (or even lazing on logs across from us in winter!)
Sunset at ocean's edge near the wharf
Looking west
Another beautiful evening
Visitor on your covered deck
Old growth tree in Francis Peninsula Marine Park - only a 25 min. walk or 1.5 min by car
Daniel's Slingshot near guest balcony in spring
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Catherine...
Vancouver, Canada
“The stuff memories are made of......”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We were three friends celebrating a special time. Our choice was to go to the Wharf Suite to stay for 3 nights. They were such special nights! Waking each day to an incredible view, viewing wildlife such as birds, deer, sea otters and seals.
We were able to buy groceries in a small community close by and cook everything we needed in the suite. A BBQ was provided just outside on the deck. The suite was spotless, the bed comfortable and big. There really was not one thing to complain about!
Our hosts were very welcoming and hospitable.
I will definitely go there again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location was incredible.
Liked least: There was nothing not to like!
Traveling group: Friends
Narda B
Edmonton, Canada
“Amazing views, fabulous hosts, and lots of great day trips ...”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

....all add up to a stay that was everything we hoped for. Right from the moment we stepped out of the car I felt like I was coming to visit my best friend whom I hadn't seen in years!, that's how welcoming Gaylene is. This is followed closely by Daniel's grin and immediate handshake, and we have arrived! Everyone has glowing reports of the cleanliness of the suite, the stunning views from the private deck, and they are all true. What I will add this: yes, there is much to see and do in very close proximity to the Wharf, and it took all of my organizational skills to stay focused so we could have our holiday. Why? Because I wanted to visit with our hosts! Seriously, they make a fire in the evenings to sit and chat by; they have a fabulous Zen grotto that I So wanted to spend time in; Gaylene is fun and funny with a delightful laugh at so many things..well, we are very glad we found this Suite and we hope you go there and find out for yourself why no-one wants to leave! Hint: the Francis Point Provincial Park is truly a Diamond in the Rough-- go there, too.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Lots of places to explore with only a few miles
Liked least: The squeaky dock next door.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Ontario
Reviewed September 9, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Management Response
Sep 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy you chose us after all your Internet research. We were fortunate to meet you Diane, and your wonderful family! Hopefully you will be able to visit again. We are always adding little touches to the property to make it even more appealing to guests. Glad you found everything to your liking...Keep in touch and see you again soon! Gaylene and Daniel
harr_10
maple ridge BC
“Lovely and peaceful”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

Loved this place- spotless and complete- lacked nothing we might need. The view was superb. We were a middle-aged couple with 20-something children (3)We were able to dock our boat at a great dock. Very steep hills down to the dock/water, so people should be fairly fit. Very friendly hosts. Deer, chipmunks, lot of birds.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the cleanliness
Traveling group: Extended Family
BandJWils...
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Wonderfully Relaxing”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed here for two days with our 15 year old son and my mother whom is in her 70’s; we had a lovely stay and agree with all the other reviewers with their positive comments about how wonderful The Wharf Waterfront Suites are. Their reviews are correct and I will not repeat the same information.

Just a note; although there are no steps down to the waterside from this gorgeous apartment the pathway is extremely steep, we were aware of this before we booked and therefore we were not disappointed when my mother whom isn’t as active as she use to be, decided that it wouldn’t be wise to venture down the steep pathway and chose to stay on the sun drenched patio area.

Gaylene and Daniel were excellent hosts and suggested a superb walk just a couple of miles down the road which followed the coastline and was exquisite. We also rented a little motor boat for a couple of hours and explored Pender Harbour from the water, this was fabulous and we saw Bald Eagles, Seals basking on the rocks and Sea Otters.

We stayed here as part of an eighteen day tour of The Rockies, West Coast and Vancouver Island which I planned and organised myself, whilst I was in the planning stages of our trip I seriously considered missing out The Sunshine Coast because of having to take ferries and wandered if it was going to be worth the effort. I am SO pleased that we decided to visit here; the ferry journeys were outstanding, (better than the ferry journey between North and South Island New Zealand if you’ve ever done that one). From Pender Harbour we continued north and took the ferry from Earls Cove to Saltery Bay and then over to Vancouver Island from Powell River, a really memorable trip and well worth the extra effort and expense. We have travelled extensively over the years as you can see from my profile and we all agreed that our Canadian holiday was one of our best ever and The Wharf Waterfront Suite and The Sunshine Coast contributed considerably to this.

I would definitely come back here again and would most certainly recommend it to my friends and family.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The notes everywhere stating 'Do's & Don'ts', it made me feel uncomfortable
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Nena P
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“If you need a get-away from the city buzz, this is the place to be.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights and regretted not staying longer. We were very pleased with the entire experience. The suite is like a luxury hotel- very clean and has a stunning waterfront view. The beds are comfortable, and the master bedroom has a king-size bed and the view is fantastic- I wake-up always with a smile.

We all enjoyed just staying in the balcony or even just in the living room as the place has 180 degrees of waterfront view. We enjoyed watching the boats and sails go by. No need to hike long distance to explore nature- nature right in the backyard- from small creatures like butterflies, humming birds to eagles, deer, seals, sea otters, and if you're lucky- you might even see whales and dolphins.

Thank you, Gaylene and Daniel for the memories. We always explore Sunshine Coast, and this is the best vacation we had by far. We will definitely recommend your place to friends and relatives. See you next summer.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hosts- very welcoming; the fantastic views
Liked least: That we did not stay long enough...
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Vancouver
Reviewed August 6, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Management Response
Aug 6, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to do a review for us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and it was nice to meet you all...especially enjoyed swimming in the lakes with G! Please come and relax here again soon! Warm regards, Gaylene & Daniel
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing