“Painted Boat Resort A First Class, Peaceful Place”

Painted Boat Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Madeira Park
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We had a wonderful time at this resort. Family wedding was held here and everything was great. We could not believe the size, quality and cleanliness of our room. The staff was friendly and all meals were excellent. Other members who stayed here were also raving about how great a place it is. The grocery store is within easy walking distance so we took advantage of the fully stocked kitchen. Nice area for peaceful walks and views of the quiet bays. We were given a room upgrade upon checking in. If you are on the sunshine coast, this is the place to stay at not one of the tired, old, overpriced motels.

Room Tip: Book by phone NOT online and you'll get the best price!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful view..beautiful rooms/suites. We loved it. Book with resort. Websites had our room priced $200.00/night MORE than the resort charged us..... we had a great time. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BC_Traveller_001
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I was in town for a wedding, drove and drove up the coast in the rain. Finally came to my destination, the Pained Boat. I felt I had found Paradise. The suite was enormous and beautiful. The Spa was as good as any spa as I have found in the heart of any major city. It was tranquil, the massage and facial was amazing. The staff was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend for a getaway - rain or shine!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah93921
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The Painted Boat Resort is a lovely and quiet place to go and relax. We just had a girls night in one of the amazing villas and to our surprise, we were given a complimentary upgrade at check in.
The views are stunning, the spa is fabulous and the staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect, as they always do. The Painted Boat is one of my most favorite places to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room with a loft.....open and spacious!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hayley T
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I love Painted Boat. I went on a solo get away to have some me time. From the moment I drove up to the property to the moment I left, it was incredible. I loved the food at the restaurant. I loved cooking food in my villa. I loved the Spa. It was all amazing and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank rtwgirldotcom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is our second time staying here both times in late winter so the resort was fairly quiet which we loved and unfortunately the restaurant is not yet opened for the season but what a peaceful place. Woke up on the 2nd morning to a dusting of snow which made everything sparkle...it is a beautiful spot and exactly what we needed to relax and enjoy some "us" time. We stayed in unit 18 this time which had a bonus of a private deck off the bedroom_ very nice to sit and have a hot drink late in privacy.
A bit of a frustration were the people staying in the unit above us who were very loud and continuously stomping, running, heavily walking into the late evening which did get to be a bother
The layout was great with alot of space and we took full advantage of all the available amenities the unit had to offer ( soaker tub, full kitchen, bbq, dvd player ). As we were there for a late bday celebration the staff arranged for a surprise cake to be made and waiting. The cake was perfect! Extremely well done and the baker ( Cheeky Monkey Cakes ) took all my asks into account delivering a delicious and well made surprise.

As others have mentioned this is not an inexpensive getaway location but it is well worth it and I am sure we will be back

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jbeau77
Reviewed January 7, 2014

For New Year's Eve, four of us stayed overnight in Unit 5, an upper level 2 bed/2bath + loft unit which had wonderful views and close proximity to the pool and restaurant (and a quick hop, skip and a jump to the spa). I must say that we enjoyed ourselves but wish to point out deficiencies that we expect from a resort of this calibre.
1) Upon entering, the rooms were cold. In fact, the temp showed 68F. I had called that morning to advise of our arrival time and personally felt the place should have been warmer. The heat is controlled by thermostats on the wall in the various rooms and calling the front desk (because it was taking so long to warm up) was told the heat comes from the radiant floors. I increased the thermostats to 74F. The main room did not heat for about 4 hours and the fireplace did not help in any way. The main bedroom took over 10 hours to heat up--I'm not sure how long because I went to sleep (after midnight) when it showed 69F and woke up to 74F.
2) The lamps, which have a black finish, were pitted and showed the deterioration clearly. They should really be replaced. In one case, one was not plugged in, and in another a light bulb was missing completely. In the ensuite bathroom, one of the four bulbs was also not working.
3) This unit can sleep up to 6 comfortably as there's a loft upstairs. I found the 'living room' did not have enough comfortable seating for even 4 persons. There's a sofa that seats 3 cramped (with one of us in the crack) and a sort of easy chair. This meant that one of us had to use a dining room chair when we were watching a movie and sharing appetizers. Not at all condusive to a warm conversational setting.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that management/housekeeping needs to pay closer attention to details to warrant the costs associated with their property. I consistently stay in 'vacation time-share condos', which is what these are, so know the level of upkeep that is required for this kind of upscale property.

Room Tip: Upper units have a better view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
#1 of 1 in Halfmoon Bay
Backeddy Resort & Marina
Pender Harbour Resort & Marina

Been to Painted Boat Resort? Share your experiences!