“Overcrowed”

The Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 30 Restaurants in Loiza
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was there last Saturday and the place was packed, big time pack, we saw the people leaving as we walked in and were told that they left because the food has taken over 30 minutes, and that for big parties they request reservations, but that they should be please since they were given all the drinks and appetizers at no charge for the wait that if we were in no hurry they could take us (8 of us) and that she was sure that if it delayed they will give us things for free like they did to the other table we saw leaving, so we stayed. Needless to say that the food took around 40 minutes after we ordered which we think is reasonable. The view and the service is excellent.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were a party of 11. I ask for tab water and the waiter told us that she do not recommend tab water because the water they have was a sistern and was dirty. Then she keep telling the food was coming in 10 minutes, two hours passed. The waiter said that the manager gave the chef instructions to delay our plates until the plates of the other customers were served.

1  Thank Nia244
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My sister had her reception here and it took them 2 hours to give us our food. The discount that was told to my sister that would be given was not. Food was not good, prices were too high for the portions. Besides the view I did not like anything else about the restaurant.

1  Thank ROSASHEILA
Reviewed July 23, 2013

In previous years we had visited this Restaurant and we were very pleased with the service, the food, the complete experience. However, last week we visited it again and we were extremely surprised with the awful change of this place. On Tuesday we went at noon (for lunch) to celebrate my birthday. No one greeted us, the waitress told us from far away, we may sit wherever we wanted. So we did, confident that the service would be the same as in previous experiences ... We sat and began to feed our baby while waiting for our order to be taken. To summarize that day, I finished feeding my baby (even dessert) for a total wait of around half an hour, no one had passed on to our table to even to deliver the menu up to that time. So when I finished feeding her, we pick up all our stuff and were getting ready to leave. It was then when the waitress told us that she will be us right away, to which I answered, "don't worry about that because we are leaving". (Strike 1)

However, thinking that it was an isolated event, we decided to go back on Saturday with more time and patience for waiting, as we had purchased a groopanda and since, our previous experiences were great, we opted for a second chance. BIG MISTAKE! (Strike 2)

Again we arrived, no one in the door, waitress said from afar we may sit wherever we wanted.... we sat down and began to wait (again) .... For 20 minutes!! This was when the waitress finally got to our table. Obviously, my husband ordered immediately what we wanted because we saw that the wait would be long (again), and we ordered a small plate of rice and beans for the baby, and ask the waitress to bring it first, in order to be able to feed our baby first. The drinks arrived, (10 minutes), appetizers arrived (10 additional minutes)... AHH! And regarding the appetizers, the groopanda included a sampler: a mini "bacalaito", a "sorullito", 2 croquettes and a mini turnover ... At no time we were specified it had shellfish on it so we were thinking they were safe to eat, since my husband's allergic. So, my husband took a small bite of the turnover and when he looked he realized that it was made of shrimp, and HE IS ALLERGIC!!... quickly he stopped eating, and we notify this to the waitress and the only thing she could say was that she forgot ask us and that the kitchen was making them because they had finished the "Chapin" turnovers!!... .

Going back to the plate of rice.... By this time we've already spent more than an hour at the restaurant and the rice and beans??? Fine, thank you! So I went to the bar where there were 3 employees and the owner or manager ... and after 5 minutes waiting for someone who could assist me, this lady (administrator or owner) asked me, and I asked for my baby's rice and beans for a second time, and told her that I specifically requested it to be served first so we could feed the baby, who was already hungry by this time. I was told it would be delivered immediately!! Yeah right!!! almost 15 minutes I had to go back to the bar again, this time with my baby because she was already impatient with hunger, ... during the 5 minutes I was standing there waiting for anyone to assist me again, I saw our order was ready in the area of where the waiters get the food that's ready to take it to the table, and the rice and beans??? ... FINE,l thank you very much!! so she asked once again for it to be delivered to the table... Finally I got my baby's rice and beans.... and 2 minutes later our plates... COLD!!!

We begun to eat and when I look to the (the bar was in front of me) this lady (administrator or owner) was sitting at the bar, SMOKING!!!... perhaps isn't that illegal??? That was a closed area! I was completely shocked!!

To finish our meal, they brought the dessert: custard (flan) and I asked the waitress what kind of custard it was and she replied (as if it were hilarious what had happened to my husband previously) don't worry it is not made of shrimps ...

I believe that she understood my gaze as I was as serious as I could ever be.... and then she told me "Is vanilla custard madam". (awful by the way).

Finally we finished our ordeal... and my husband went to pay. As it was a groopanda (and it was previously paid) we only had to pay the tax, tip, and any additional item ordered (a beer, a virgin piña colada and a plate of rice and beans) We still don't know how these three things totaled up tp $16.50 ... ... PLUS tax and tip (which my husband so kindly left, 'cause if it were for me I wouldn't leave a penny!!!!)

To finish this, we will never go back or recommend this place EVER!!. (You're OUT)

The only explanation that I can give for this terrible experience is that they may have changed administration ... and if it was so, they should change it again or they will go down the hill.

2  Thank Luz M
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've been going here for 23 years. Always good food, great view, decent prices, and not too many tourists find the place. Service always varies from so-so to pretty good and be patient with wait times.

1  Thank a1beachbum10