“Skeptical at First; But Left Happy”
Review of Kiosko El Boricua

Kiosko El Boricua
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Loiza
Cuisines: Fast Food
Description: This is a great little beach cafe along the road between Loiza and San Juan. The long lines attest to its popularity with Puerto Ricans, and the food is great and deep fried.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

When my husband wanted to stop at a Kiosko, I was skeptical at first. Okay, so I remained skeptical the entire time we waited in line. But, once we got our food, I was glad we stopped. It was good. Worth the wait. I wandered next door and had a pina coloda while we waited for our food.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Pinones is loaded with kisosks all selling food. We were here in June and went again on Tuesday during a short visit in Puerto Rico.. All food is fresh and made to order. The alcapurias are awesome made with beachgrape leaves and stuffed with crab or chicken or beef. Also pinchos which is chicken on a stick, Lots of other great dishes as well. You have to wait in line but that's fun too as you can chat. Right across the street is avion beach which is rough for swimming but you can watch the surfer. Pinchos are 2.50 Alcapurias are 1.50 1.75 for crab ones. Coconuts are machete ready, parking is catch as catch can. go with the flow and enjoy.

2  Thank memphisblue44
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to pinones to eat some alcapurrias and bacalaitos. So we went to El Boricua because it was highly recomended by the Puerto Rico tourist company. It was a high plus. The food was excelent and the service was ideal. Then we took a drive through the coast of Loiza.. It was a nice trip.

3  Thank dianacartagena4
Reviewed July 10, 2013

As we drove by this kiosk, the line to order food was long. We thought, if it has a long line it most be good. We stopped and got in line, 45 minutes later I was able to order the food. Everyone in the line was in the line because they thought the line was an indication of the good food. The alcapurrias are great! The piononos were terrible. The bacalaitos were good, but how can you screw up bacalaitos. I think it is not worth the line for the money and the flies. My wife is still recovering from the fly (or big mosquitoes) bites she got while waiting. I do not recommend it. There are many other kioskos with better tasting food in the same area.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The name of this kiosko says it all was there 4 of July and we were on line for almost 2 hrs worth the wait had a band playing bomba y plena there's a bar there too so time spent on line was fun will go too again when I come back down to Puerto Rico

1  Thank Jinx*Ya