“Well maintained.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loiza
Aquatika Beach Resort
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed here during Xmas week. We rented unit #5701 for two families. The way the numbering works is that the units ending in 1 are on the ground floor, 2 on the 2nd floor and 3 are the penthouse units. For the two families (total of 8 people) we felt that one of the penthouse units would have worked better. I believe the higher the first two numbers, the closer you are to the beach.

I can understand that there is going to be some variations from one unit to the other based on the owner. We rented ours through Alonso Realty. He sent his agent to pick one of the families up from the airport. There is no interaction with the agent other than the rental agreement and to pick up the keys.

The public areas were maintained well. We saw crews trimming the hedges, clearing the dead leaves, spraying (must be for mosquitoes). The pools are nice, and so is the hot tub. During the Xmas week, the club house got little use. We went there occasionally for a wi-fi connection, since our apartment did not have any.

We felt totally safe at this location, partly because it is a gated community. During Xmas week there were plenty of other families. All residents are required to wear a wristband to use the public areas (a way for them to ensure that only residents are using the facilities). We were comfortable walking around the property even late at night.

The area of Loiza that this community is located is a bit run down. As others have noted not many options on decent restaurants near by. We picked up cereals, milk etc. at the Wal-mart/Ralph's which is about 4 miles away. For some lunch/dinner we drove up the Ciosco in Luquilllo which is about a 15 minute drive. Plenty of options were available at Luquillo. Less than half an hour ride on the coastal road to the Isla Verde area of San Juan. We felt the location was convenient for our excursions (to El Yunque, Fajardo, Old San Juan, Luquillo beach etc.)

The beach behind the property is small. It is fine for a stroll, or a quick dip.
At night you do hear the coqui (the local frog).

2  Thank monkAustin

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We rented three units for the entire family. Among the 3 units we had everything we needed but any unit by itself was lacking. Worst unit was #4902, where I stayed. TV cable went on and off, air conditioning in master room was so loud that we could not use it, stove oven did not work and refrigerator freezer was defective. Obviously, unit owner doesn't care abt service. Rental agent responded to requests but nothing could be done. On the positive side, security was great and the common areas - gardens and pools - were in great shape.

2  Thank Luis M
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My family and I rented 3 of these condo units from Alonso Realty last week. We had units 2603, 6203 and 6102.

Since bed bug bites may not show up on the body until a few days later, none of us noticed anything wrong for a few days. On the third day, I noticed 2 or 3 bites around my ankles. Didn't think anything of if, could have been any kind of bite. But by the 4th day, my girlfriend and I had a combined total of 60 bites showing. I was sure they were bed bug bites b/c of experience. Six years ago, I had to deal with them at my house and let me tell you, it's horrible. I informed Mr. Alonso by text and his only response was "Wow, Sorry! We have exterminating service in the area." So I am sure he knew about this problem and didn't tell us. My gf and I were in 2603 and shared the unit with my sister's family of 4. My sister, brother in law and niece all had 10-20 bites each.

Four other families which consisted of my cousins, uncle, aunt and their kids shared the other 2 units. A few of them had 10-20 bites as well. All 3 units are infested. I just got it the worst. Everyone in my unit ended up leaving our unit early in fear of getting more bites by booking a hotel in San Juan until we departed.

I've been back for a day while writing this and I feel like my body is on fire from itching. My gf and I both now have over 50 bites each showing. In fear of bringing the bugs back, my sister's family and I have dumped all of our luggage outside in the freezing cold and plan to keep it there for a few days. We hope we don't bring them into our homes. This is not something you want to be tortured with when you go on vacation and spending thousands of dollars.

Other things about these rental units:

Location: Too far from everything. Takes 20 min to drive to the main road.
Beach: Not usable. Beach is not maintained.
Pools: Great. The kids loved it.
Units: Big units with functional kitchen. Dirty and a little dated from usage. A/C in bedrooms. There were A/C units in the main living area but we weren't allowed to use them when we asked where the controls were. "They were not included in the price" according to Mr. Alonso by text msg when I asked. So It was real hot during the day.
Service: Alonso sent someone to guide us to the units from the rental car company, which I thought was nice. But now that I think about it, he just came to pick up the cheque.

Don't rent here. Unless you want bed bugs.

1  Thank Justin C
Reviewed December 18, 2013

3 bedroom condo, ocean front was really cool. loved sitting on the balcony with a cool ocean breeze watching the waves roll in. The swimming pools and hot tubs were serviced daily and the grounds were kept in excellant shape. Shopping is within 10 minutes, ralphs and walmart, plus a large mall. Will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank judiescop
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I along with our 3 children (under the age of 6) stayed at condo #6301 for the week. William (owner of the condo) was extremely helpful when booking our stay. He met us at the rental car place, drove us to a local Walmart and waited for us to get groceries and then took us to the complex. He gave us a tour of the place and was great with answering questions. The condo itself was very spacious with a loft and beautiful terrace. It literally had everything we needed from dishes, to a stroller, to beach toys, etc. There were small ants in the condo, but they were easy to deal with. The town that the condo is in is not a tourist area, but you really don't need to do anything there. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. My kids had a great time in all the pools, but wished the waterslide and "waterpark" was running on the weekdays. The beach was sufficient right outside the complex, but a little dirty with trash. Again, it was perfect for families with kids, but if you want to do more right outside your complex without having to drive anywhere, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ejbuck
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our stay with Aquatika started with being greeted like rock stars by our Condo guide, who helped us shop, led us along the picturesque roads and gave us a guided tour of our new home for the week.

Aquatika provides all of the amenities of home with the luxury of a beachside resort. Perfect for families and couples, you are not within walking distance of heavy nightlife, but you a engulfed in beautiful palm trees, brilliant pools, warm ocean waters and soft sandy beaches. Also, the food in Loiza is fabulous!!!

Fully stocked with all of the amenities; W/D, Wi-fi, Cable TV, full kitchen and more, we did not want for anything, and though our friends stayed in San Juan, we were closer to the Rainforest, snorkeling trips and great local restaurants. A truly first class vacation, that we can't wait to do again!

Room Tip: We stayed in 7402, which was just a few yards from the beach and right above one of the pools.. exce...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank USAinUK_11
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My review is primarily of 6801. We stayed 10 days in July. It is a ground floor 3b/2b unit with a gorgeous view of the ocean. That's was the saving grace for this unit. It is obvious that the owners don't care about their unit at all and don't fix anything that breaks down, such as te following items:
1. a/c in rage living room/kitchen/ main living area does not work. According to the realtor that manages the property the owners will not authorize them to fix it. Should have been disclosed on the listing. We roasted and sweated while trying to eat our meals or watch TV. Coud only open one window because all the other ones have no screens and Mosquitos and flies were abundant.
2. The cabinet under te sink has had water damage, warped and smelled like mold, therefore all the drawers where the utensils were kept also smelled like mold.
3. The washer and dryer are rusty and stained our clothes a rusty yellow. It looks like the machines were picked up from the junk yard.
4. Sink faucet in hallway bathroom is not bolted to the sink so when you try using it, it moved all over te place. We stopped using that bathroom because we were afraid that te pipes would burst.
5. Nowhere to store your stuff in the master bedroom, the owners have the closets locked up. We ad to live of the suitcase.
6. No beach chairs nor BBQ grill as stated in the listing. The realtor let us borrow his own BBQ.
7. Sheets and towels have stains.
8, ice maker does not work.

It's too bad that the condo is so run down because we loved the location of the condo being beach front and a few steps from the pool. The grounds and amenities are nice, my kids really enjoyed swimming until late at night..
Please note that this resort is about 40 minutes from Od San Juan and about 10 minutes to a supermarket.

Room Tip: I recommed to Stay in aquatika, but a different unit.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank loves2boys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loiza
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
No photo provided
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort
The Beach Guest House
Nautical Dream
Nautical Dream
#3 of 3 in Loiza
The Tarpon's Nest Lodge

Been to Aquatika Beach Resort? Share your experiences!