Turunc Resort
Meril Hotel(Turunc)
  • Pool
Oz-can Hotel(Turunc)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsaqua parkprivate beachduplex roomturkeysnack barsaladanimation teampool gamesfussy eaterbottled waterplenty of sunbedsmeatballsmain poollocal townmain restaurantmeal timessmall town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from the turunc hotel today. The location is beautiful and having been to turkey many times this is one of the best locations we have been to. The drive drive the steep mountain road is a bit hairy so I shut my eyes but once you get there is well worth it. Definitely a five star hotel, very clean and even the quieter room buildings at the back of the hotel are immaculate. We stayed in room 5306 which was excellent. The bar staff are brilliant and keep bringing over refill drinks when your glasses get a bit low!! The entertainment team are very good, not too pushy and there is plenty to keep you entertained, from air rIfle shooting to zumba, which was brilliant. The food was lovely, typical of a five star Turkish hotel. Myhusband enjoyed having Turkish shaves and we had a lovely time. Turunc itself is lovely, like a mini icmeler where you can look in all the shops and are not mithered atall. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will definitely go again!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank MimiCheshire
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Arriving at three o'clock on a Sunday morning due to a delayed flight is not the best way of getting a good first impression of a hotel. So we didn't get a good look round until the next morning. We walked in the dining area /refractory and ... WOW! It was just buzzing with people going back and fore, helping themselves to the buffet breakfast. It took us by surprise to start off with, and, to be honest, we weren't impressed. However as the holiday went on it became clear that this was a very efficient way of feeding a lot of people in a short space of time. The food itself was very nice, not particularly westernised, but it doesn't really matter. If you don't like foreign food, stay at home.

Apparently this hotel has over 1500 guests. Well it didn't feel like it. There are several dining areas and three swimming pools and the sea, so the guests would be spread out a bit. We didn't notice many people from the UK, there seemed to be lots of Poles, Russian and, a good sign in my mind, Turks.

We stayed in room 5202, in the block next to the water park. It is very quiet up here away from the action, but it a fair old hike up that hill! The room is a twin and a double attached, but with only one toilet. Not everyone's cup of tea for a family of four with two 18year old boys, but I think we quite liked being together. We did have a problem with the hair drier, which took three days to get fixed, and that was only after my wife raised her voice on the phone to them - it was them fixed in 30 minutes!

Would recommend the spa, my wife and I had a Turkish bath there, very nice. I also had a Turkish shave at the coiffeur, quite a jolly lot there. Went and had a couple of dives across the bay organised by the PADI centre, would highly recommend them as they were so laid back in their approach. Just what I needed!

So a really good holiday all in all, a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank rde4
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have just returned from a all inclusive holiday it was fantastic.
We liked it so much I am booking again for next year.
Beaches are great Turunc was a really fantastic place
The food/drinks were amazing and well worth the money The staff were great
I can not stress enough how great the place is, I was a bit worried about booking but it is truly great.
Accommodation also brill.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank TEENY191274
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 10 day in July with our 17 & 13 yr old sons, we were over the moon with the accommodation. We stayed in the duplex apartments which were spacious, clean with the maids coming in daily and 2 bathrooms, which was a great bonus having the 2 boys. Kids had loads to do with a selection of pools, aqua park and being right on the beach we were spoiled for choice. We had a Turkish bath on our first day and there was no hard sell, this allowed us to have access to the spa every day. I would recommend going to see Ela Jewellery, I purchased a beautiful diamond but again no hard sell, she's a lovely lady and will look after you if you're wanting to treat yourself. The village of Turunc is only a 5 minutes walk and you will have the same choice of shop as Marmaris but only on a smaller scale.
We're not the kind of people that go back to the same place twice but for this hotel we will definitely make the exception...we're planning to go back next year, cannot wait!!!!

Room Tip: Recommend the Duplex Apartments
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn V
Reviewed August 16, 2013

It's our 5th time at the turunc and every time they have made massive improvements this time it was a new reception new lobby bar and an a-la-carte restaurant .With its own private beach ,own water park it's damn near perfect all the staff from the reception team to the security on the walk to the village everyone is friendly the free wi-fi could do with better coverage (lobby only) but apart from that its perfect look forward to 2014

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family