“Worth walking away from the beach”
Review of Bondjuk Restaurant

Bondjuk Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Turunc
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Northampton, UK
“Worth walking away from the beach”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a good meal here having read others' recommendations. Complimentary appetizers and dessert were appreciated, but the salad with the secret ingredient was delicious (we thought the secret might have been some form of cheese - it has a strong flavour which may not be to everyone's liking).
We stuck to traditional Turkish fare and found both the food and hospitality to be good, proving you don't have to be on the beachfront to enjoy yourself in Turunc.

• Turkish first
Poole, United Kingdom
“Really good - nice setting”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nice place just on the outskirts, from the beach turn right down the main street and continue up the hill a small way after the end of the high street. Sit on the top floor amongst the grape vines. Very Pleasant. Food is consistently good and friendly, relaxed service (not the place if you are in a rush). Salad is lovely, as are the mushrooms. Food doesn't disappoint. recommended

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Find!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

What a wonderful find!! We were going for a stroll around town and started heading up the road away from main street when we stumbled across this charming restaurant! It was after lunch and so we were not eating but the owner, whose name I did not get, invited us in for some free apple tea and showed us the beautiful terrace. We booked a table for that evening!

The terrace is canopied with vines and has beautiful views and catches the breeze. When we arrived that evening we were warmly looked after and received free bread with garlic butter and cheese pastries to start. We also had a bottle of house white wine which was crisp and perfectly chilled. I then tried the ‘secret’ Bondjuk salad whilst my husband ordered the King Prawns. He was in heaven with my prawns whilst my salad was a fun event. It was prepared at the table in front of me with lots of fresh, delicious ingredients. One slight problem – I dislike one of the secret ingredients and it is quite an over powering flavour… I wish I knew before ordering however that would defeat the point of it being secret haha! However, even with this, I still enjoyed the salad very much which says a lot for how good it is!!

For main I ordered the Steak Diane.. after a very disappointing steak Diane at another restaurant in Turunc I was overjoyed at hearing the owner describe how his father had learnt the authentic recipe whilst in Europe in his youth and had passed it onto his son and the chef. Delicious medium rare fillet steak, excellent quality and mouth-wateringly tender. The sauce was creamy, rich and garlicy. At no additional charge they were happy to add some sautéed mushrooms to the dish. It really was exquisite. My husband had the seafood casserole and we both took a long time over our meals, savouring each mouthful. The restaurant was busy with other groups enjoying the unique ambience, careful, attentive waitering and wonderful food but the atmosphere remained quiet and romantic.

We were given a complimentary desert which was lovely and we enjoyed some Turkish coffee.The chef came to meet us at the end of the meal which was a lovely touch. It was at the end of our holiday and we were very sad not to be able to return. Hopefully there will be a next time!

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere, great food, great staff, great place.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is my favourite restaurant in Turunc, all of the staff are really friendly and welcoming. The food is tasty and well priced, the Bondjuk Salad is a definite must. Well worth a visit or two!

1 Thank CatNav81
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Friendly little restaurant”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Slightly off the high street, so could be easily missed, so make sure you ask the locals where it is, otherwise you might miss it. Try the special salad for starters, yummy. Good menu choice, excellent chef and good looking waiters!

Visited April 2013