“Shabby and unclean Spa, unhelpful Manager!”
Review of Aldwark Manor Spa

Aldwark Manor Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Aldwark
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for a relaxing spa break, spa day or spa treatment in North Yorkshire, the team at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel is skilled in the art of relaxation. From a soothing facial to the gentle easing of muscles with an all over body massage, the tranquility and calm encapsulated in our spa will ensure your body and mind are transported to a state of total well being. Our spa, which is home to a fabulous health club, 7 spa treatment rooms, a relaxation room, indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and a dedicated lounge for spa guests, is open seven days a week!
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Myself and my sisters and mum visited Aldwark Manor Reflections Spa as a mothers day present. The approach to the hotel was lovely and the hotel on the outside looked great....how deceiving! Our greeting by the receptionist was professional, was told to fill out some forms, help ourselves to coffee. The cups were all chipped and some dirty with no spoons to stir. We were asked if we wanted to pre order lunch, the menu over priced-£14 for burger,£7 for sandwich and if you didnt fancy either of those that was pretty much it! Then went onto locker room after we had to ask for towels...the lockers had no numbers on them, needed varnishing, floor dirty and room boiling hot! Jacuzzi was out of order, paint flaking off walls, floor black with mould! Asked to speak to manager(Robin Fossitt), we told him we werent staying and wanted our money back. He said he would meet us at reception after we got changed. We waited at reception, no sign of him. The receptionist went to find him and he was cleaning the jacuzzi!! He asked us to wait 10 mins or leave our number and he,d call us. I said we,d wait.....30 mins later i asked the receptionist to go get him as i could see he was still cleaning the jacuzzi! He came through, looked cross we,d interupted his cleaning and took my name and said he,d call us after speaking to the finance department?! we,d waited half an hour in reception(with the same song by Katie Melua playing over and over)for that! the reception girl couldve done that! Anyway we still havent received a phone call ive left my number again. Basically the worst experience ever! Run down joke of a place which i cant believe gets away with calling itself a spa! im also speaking from great experience having managed a large Spa myself!

2  Thank lmh0407

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The changing area was a little shabby but by no means as dirty as other reviews suggest and no trouble getting a locker, but we were there first thing. Being early had a distinct advantage as we had the place pretty much to ourselves for a couple of hours. The pool, steam room and sauna were all fine but the jacuzzi had only one setting working and the experience showers were hidden by a wall so we only found them by having a nosy about. Seriously lacking was a water source or any way of getting a drink as robes were not even offered as we did not book any treatments so we couldn't even go to the bar. We had a very enjoyable morning and decided to round it off with a bite to eat as we were starving.We sat down with the menus but left after noting that pretty much all there was on offer was some overpriced sandwiches.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My Mum and two of our friends visited the Spa at Aldwark Manor in Feb '13 using Living Social vouchers we'd purchased. The vouchers entitled us to a tea / coffee, danish pastry and full use of the Spa for £9 a couple. I have to say that although we had a lovely time together I would have been disappointed if I'd paid full price for this day. The Tea / Coffee was basically a DIY job on a little table and the pastry's were minute.The Spa was incredibly busy and there were not enough loungers or seats around the pool to accommodate all of the people there that day. The facilities are okay; a good swimming pool which was very warm, a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. We felt we'd had the whole experience after about 2 hours so decided to leave. The locker rooms are okay if a little cramped and my Mum got locked in one of the toilets so we had to get someone from reception to free her! As we were leaving I saw one member of staff use one of the Spa towels and stand on it and skirt around the floor to dry it and clean up some of the hair on the floor near the hairdryers - not the kind of behaviour you should see from staff in a Spa. It did put me off! All in all I wouldn't recommend this Spa over others in the area, but it was okay.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My daughter and i booked a spa visit through groupon we were looking forward to it,
However we were very dissapointed, we went to the gym first which was well equipped but so dirty dust on the floor and the machines, we then went for our coffee and danish, the tables were left cluttered our table was not wiped there was sugar on the seat opposite and worst of all ants on the floor around our feet.
next was the changing rooms which looked very worn thick dust on the metal tissue holder no toilet roll in cubicles only one hairdryer working, the swimming pool and sauna etc.. were fine apart from the odd bit of plaster peeling off the walls.
I work in a hotel and know that all it would take is some tlc and some pride taken in the work place which is defo not happening here.
This experience would actually put me off staying in the hotel itself.
on a positive note shower was good, staff seemed friendly, gym well equipped

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Booked a bargain £9 for 2 spa day via groupon for myself and my mum paying another £35 each for treatments on top. Free coffee and mini (very mini) danish on arrival. Treatments were excellent-facial and a massage. Asked if we could also book to have nails done but they were fully booked up. Lunch was pricey at approximately £7 for a sandwich and the menu was very limited too. We did enjoy the day and relaxed so much we even snoozed but the spa does seem a bit run down and in need of some upgrading. Plaster peeling off walls. Leaky taps in the changing room. Stained dirty tiles and just one hairdryer working in the changing room. Staff not up to speed either as tables were left cluttered with people's mugs and plates, toilet rolls run out in ladies and had to wait ages for clean towels. Also be warned as a day guest you are not provided with slippers or a robe so you will need to take your own.