“Overnight Spa break!”

Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aldwark
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My friend and I have recently returned from an overnight spa break at Aldwark Manor, and whilst the food and spa treatments were really good, i feel that the break was over-priced for what we received. Our room could have been any travel-lodge/premier inn room, basic and in need of some tlc, and unfortunately the same goes for all other parts of the hotel too. The paint-work needed touching up and carpets were bare in places. I would also like to advise people thinking of booking an over-night spa break to check the terms and conditions on booking form, as we were not made aware of the fact that whilst the break included dinner in the hotel restaurant, you were only allocated £26 towards this and most choices on the menu (main course) were £15 or more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the original part of the manor NOT the new extension, then perhaps you will be giv...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

jjwebster123

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to read your comments and I can assure you that we have a rolling plan of decoration and that we have recently spend £45,000 on refurbishment of some of the public areas and meeting rooms.

We do have a £26 dinner allocation that you can select from the restaurant or bar menu to build either 2 or 3 courses as the main courses are from £15 in the restaurant with starters and desserts from £5. I apologise that this was not communicated to you when booking.

Once again thank you for your feedback

Paul Beswick

Write a ReviewReviews (1,901)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My friend and I booked through Spabreaks.com for one night, Lunch, dinner, bed & breakfast with either a 60 min treatment or two 30 min treatments at £129 per person sharing a double or twin room. The treatment was lovely and staff professional. At Dinner we were told we only had a £26 allowance for our evening meal which is not mentioned anywhere on our booking receipt, however the food we had was very nice. The Hotel itself is tired and needs attention in parts. Our room was basic & decor drab, but the beds comfortable. It has a small, but well equiped gym. The pool is small but nice, only if you're thinking of having a swim and relaxing by the pool, you'll be lucky as there are only a handful of beds!

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor and was very basic, but we didn't suffer with any outside noice.

Dear Tisha S

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us.

Our Spa breaks are great value, I am sorry that you were not pre informed regarding the £26 dinner allocation as we find this offers a greater choice as oppose to the tradition limited menu. We do have a limited number of beds on pools side as that is all we can accommodate but in the summer we do extra seating outside on the grounds.

Thank you for you feedback and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Very surprised at some comments but my girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed Our stay. The staff were very present and helpful. The location was ideal and Our room was very comfortable. In fact I would go as far as to say an overnight break here was as refreshing as some fortnight long holidays we've been on. We will be back soon enough and have already begun recommending the break to friends. At one point I even turned on the t.v and watched Ireland lifting the six nations trophy. Carlsberg don't do mini breaks . . .

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Quadrofenian

Thank you for your recent review following your “Rejuvenating” stay with us at Aldwark Manor Golf and Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you thought the location is Ideal as we are situated just 25 minutes from York and Harrogate.

When you are ready to relax some more please visit the QHotels website for out latest offers and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

After our disaster in October we were invited back. what a difference ,the was Clean and ready.The evening meal was ok,could do with changing the menu now and again but other wise all ok.This what I expect from a 4star hotel clean room and bathroom polite staff, a good choice at breakfast,so all in all a good few days but with staff coming and going it must be difficult to manage a hotel like this due to its location so I would just like to say to the manager and staff thank you

Room Tip: Always specify a room don't have a room up in the gods
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear malonedavid

I was pleased to read your review following your return visit to Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel.

We are in the process of writing new menus across the hotel and I am sure that when you return I am confident that they will meet with your expectations.

I will be passing your positive comments on to the team and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Visited this hotel + had a wonderful relaxing time. Location great beautiful surroundings. Staff very accommodating, room amazing. The breakfast was fantastic so much choice. Dinner good. Had a great massage ...great value for money during 2 nights stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear lady_in_red65

Thank you for the review following on from your recent visit to Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you had a wonderful time. I hope that we get the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I visited Aldwark Manor with reservations about the hotel rooms and high expectations of the Spa. I found the hotel and rooms great and the spa disappointing.
We were given a lovely third floor modern room with a balcony. Superb bathroom. All very clean and bright.
The restaurant was fine. Lunch and evening meal served by polite staff. Well presented food and hot. There was plenty of choice at breakfast. Shame about the hash browns being cool despite asking for them heating up.
The spa looks lovely on the corridor down to the facilities. The gym is well equipped. The swimming pool, sauna and steam room were lovely. Too few sun loungers available however for the numbers using the pool and one of the two showers adjacent to the steam room looked in a poor state.
What really let the spa down was the changing facilities. IF the spa was for the use of local members and hotel guests alone it may well function well. With the spa open to day and overnight spa offers it does not function well. We were very cramped getting changed, with insufficient lockers and the showers looked as if they were getting too much use and not enough attention from cleaners. The staff were fine but I have to say that my one hour face and back massage ended up as a very "limp" affair by who I believe was the new member of staff. She started my treatment at 10 past the hour and finished at 10 to the hour. Even with the 5 minute consultation I was short changed by 10 minutes. When I mentioned this to her I was told she had to have changeover time. It was a pity I was left for so long to get ready when I had only my bra and dressing gown to remove!
I would recommend the hotel for non spa users.

Room Tip: I understand the rooms in the more modern building are the best - but I did not see those in the old...
1  Thank LesleyYOrk2013

Dear LesleyYOrk2013

I was disappointed to read some of your comments following on from your recent visit to Aldwark Manor.

I will be discussing your feedback regarding the treatments and the changing rooms with the Spa and Leisure Manager and they will implement process to stop this happening again.

I will pass on your positive comments to the restaurant team regarding your lunch and dinner.

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your constructive feedback and I will assure you that this will be acted on.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is a hidden gem. The beautiful Yorkshire countryside sets off the manor house. We had a Spa break-just one night, but top value. We had what they called a light lunch plenty for us) use of all the facilities, a wonderful relaxing massage, very good two course dinner, bed and cooked to order breakfast for £99 each. As a Yorkshire girl myself I had to admit to the excellent value of this package. I agree about the music-I took it as a hint we'd been there too long! The food is top notch, the bedroom decent size, clean and comfortable-the shower was fabulous! I'd go again in a heartbeat-it's just over an hour from me, and a nice visit to The Designer Outlet on the way home-perfect!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear JulieAnneBrilliant

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review after your “lovely relaxing stay” with us at Aldwark Manor Golf and Spa Hotel.

I will be passing your comments on to the team and I am sure that they will be pleased to read them.

The Spa package is a great deal and is available from the QHotels website starting from £99 per person (subject to availability). I hope that you get to visit us again soon,

Paul Beswick

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldwark
The Grand Hotel & Spa
Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa
Mount Royale Hotel & Spa
11 mi away
York Marriott Hotel

Been to Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!