After a difficult couple of months, we decided that we'd take advantage of the generosity of loved ones and book ourselves into Aldwark Manor for the night, taking advantage of the January spa break offer.
I'd been to Aldwark Manor before, but only to a wedding reception - so was really keen to spend the night there and take advantage of the facilities. We arrived early on Saturday morning and headed for the spa & fitness suite. We enjoyed a complimentary drink while we completed our paperwork, then headed off the the fitness suite. Soon we headed to the pool area where we really started to unwind and relax, taking advantage of the jacuzzi until lunchtime.
The buffet lunch which was included in the package was very nice, a salad bar, jacket potatoes, beans, chilli and a host of desserts - we filled up before heading back to the spa for more jacuzzi, steam room and swimming. Our treatments were at 4pm (upgrade to full body massage) - in the couples oom, looked after very professionally by the girls - very relaxing to the point of a gentle snooze!
Now it was time to check it, we headed up to the 4th floor to our lovely, very spacious room with fantasticly comfortable double bed! After a quick change we headed downstairs for a quick drink before tea.
The prices were certainly very respectable, £3.85 for a pint of Carlsberg, £5 for a glass of prosecco - a few of those indeed got the appetite going for our meal.
As part of the package we had £26 to spend on anything from the menu - I went for the rabbit & ham hock turnover, then the mullet with pasta, my other half opted for the salmon then the duo of chicken with additional veg. In all honesty, the food was amazing, especially given the prices and the deal.
Finally we had another drink before retiring to that beautifully comfortable bed.
All in all, a very pleasant weekend at a lovely vebue with the most helpful and kind staff members.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aldwark Manor Golf and Spa Hotel is located near York. It is nestled in a picturesque village in between York and Harrogate within the stunning North Yorkshire Moors. Even though this gem of a hotel makes you feel a million miles away, it is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the A59. What better way to take in the views than to play the 18 hole golf course? The challenging course is set amidst gorgeous rolling hills. This hotel is a real mix of old and new. With 53 individually designed bedrooms which are split between the modern contemporary wing of the hotel and the traditional Manor house. If you are staying on business then the hotel has 6 conference and meeting rooms for up to 240 people. What's more the superb grounds covering 100 acres are ideal for team building events. Indulge yourself with an array of treatments at the spa or build up a sweat in the leisure club. Finish off the day with a delicious meal in our award-winning Brasserie, or snack on a selection of tasty nibbles whilst overlooking the manicured golf course in either The Terrace or Squadron Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldwark Manor Hotel Aldwark
- Aldwark Manor York
- Aldwark Manor Hotel York
- Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel Yorkshire