10 of us visited Aldwark Manor for an overnight stay with bed, breakfast and evening meal with two rounds of golf included. The golf course is very good and well worth a visit however the hotel was just OK , hence ,my average score.
We arrived and were directed to the terrace bar for bacon sandwiches etc which were ok spoilt by the fact that we had to share plates (one between two)! Off to play golf which was very good. We then went to check into the hotel and some of the rooms were not ready ,(it was after 3pm) so we retreated to the terrace bar again. We ordered sandwiches which were expensive £6.50 for a ham sandwich and were told , after they had taken our money, that there would be a delay as there was a wedding on in the hotel. Half an hour later sandwiches arrived. By the way at this point there was only 4 of us.
The rooms were good but I think two of us got the duff one - room 502 on the top floor. It had only one veloux window which was covered in brown paper, hence the room was always dark and the window was sealed up. The rest of our party had rooms on the first floor which were good but the disco from the wedding made them niosey
The evening meal was very good, slow service to start with and a very expensive wine list, but overall there were no complaints.
Breakfast was also very good.
Another round of golf followed by coffees which again were very expensive.
Overall we enjoyed it and rightly so the wedding took priority over the golfer s that were staying here but surely if places are busy they should employ more staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aldwark Manor Golf and Spa Hotel is located near York. It is nestled in a picturesque village in between York and Harrogate within the stunning North Yorkshire Moors. Even though this gem of a hotel makes you feel a million miles away, it is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the A59. What better way to take in the views than to play the 18 hole golf course? The challenging course is set amidst gorgeous rolling hills. This hotel is a real mix of old and new. With 53 individually designed bedrooms which are split between the modern contemporary wing of the hotel and the traditional Manor house. If you are staying on business then the hotel has 6 conference and meeting rooms for up to 240 people. What's more the superb grounds covering 100 acres are ideal for team building events. Indulge yourself with an array of treatments at the spa or build up a sweat in the leisure club. Finish off the day with a delicious meal in our award-winning Brasserie, or snack on a selection of tasty nibbles whilst overlooking the manicured golf course in either The Terrace or Squadron Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldwark Manor Hotel Aldwark
- Aldwark Manor York
- Aldwark Manor Hotel York
- Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel Yorkshire