As a birthday / first wedding anniversary treat we stayed one night in the hotel complete with evening meal and spa treatment.
On arrival we were pleasantly surprised at being gifted a complimentary upgrade to a q star suite which was beautiful to say the least, very clean and filled with nice little touches like jars of goodies.
We then ventured to have a few drinks on the terrace before our pamper session.
The staff here were very helpful and chatty. We did have to seek out spa robes at reception ourselves which I thought may have been given out on our arrival when checking in but it gave us a chance to have a look at the pool area. At the spa the staff were fab and made my husband feel very relaxed him being the only male in that area. Both treatments couldn't be faulted, thank you to them for de stressing us.
We made our way down to the brasserie at our allotted time to find it marginally busy. Our drinks order was brought promptly as well as complimentary bread but that couldn't be said for the meal. We waited 45 minutes for our starter and half an hour for the meal. We did notice that the head waiter was fending complaints off left right and centre due to the chef being behind his service because of a rather large seminar that afternoon running over but as our food was ok we didnt venture into the complaints market no point really there is no entertainment as such in the hotel so listening to people gripe about paltry things was amusing enough. Our food was lovely although my order changed with no apology but I was stuffed after three courses. The staff at supper and breakfast went out of their way even though it was a stressful service for them all.
The location is great the golf course is immaculate overall, I couldn't have been happier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aldwark Manor Golf and Spa Hotel is located near York. It is nestled in a picturesque village in between York and Harrogate within the stunning North Yorkshire Moors. Even though this gem of a hotel makes you feel a million miles away, it is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the A59. What better way to take in the views than to play the 18 hole golf course? The challenging course is set amidst gorgeous rolling hills. This hotel is a real mix of old and new. With 53 individually designed bedrooms which are split between the modern contemporary wing of the hotel and the traditional Manor house. If you are staying on business then the hotel has 6 conference and meeting rooms for up to 240 people. What's more the superb grounds covering 100 acres are ideal for team building events. Indulge yourself with an array of treatments at the spa or build up a sweat in the leisure club. Finish off the day with a delicious meal in our award-winning Brasserie, or snack on a selection of tasty nibbles whilst overlooking the manicured golf course in either The Terrace or Squadron Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldwark Manor Hotel Aldwark
- Aldwark Manor York
- Aldwark Manor Hotel York
- Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel Yorkshire