.....was well under standard for a 4 star spa/hotel
We stayed there for 2 nights from March 15th 2013.
The room was basic with very basic facilities. There was no mini bar, ill fitting curtains covered the windows, the grouting in the bathroom was dusty and dirty and, finally, a king size bed that was booked was 2 singles shoved together. This provided 2 nights of broken sleep as there was a canyon in the middle of the bed.
On the final night after our meal (which I might add was very good indeed) we got in the lift to go back to the room. The lift signage advised that it could hold 8 people and 8 people were in the lift. Within seconds it broke down. We rang the alarm on several occasions with no verbal response from hotel staff. After 20 minutes we were eventually released with the only communication coming during that period was a member of staff shouting how many people are in the lift...not is everyone alright. I advised how many people were in the lift to be advised it was 2 many. A change of sign of capacity needed then me thinks. Once out we were given a drink only to be advised by another member of staff that the lift is very sensitive and has done that before!!!!!
Next morning whilst having a swim the fire alarm went off, ok this can happen anytime, anywhere, but we then had to stand in the car park, dripping wet on a cold March morning. Nobody really seemed to know what was going on and we were subsequently given an extra towel to try and keep warm. Very young children were outside as well. Again I appreciate that fire alarms do occur but it was just organised chaos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aldwark Manor Golf and Spa Hotel is located near York. It is nestled in a picturesque village in between York and Harrogate within the stunning North Yorkshire Moors. Even though this gem of a hotel makes you feel a million miles away, it is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the A59. What better way to take in the views than to play the 18 hole golf course? The challenging course is set amidst gorgeous rolling hills. This hotel is a real mix of old and new. With 53 individually designed bedrooms which are split between the modern contemporary wing of the hotel and the traditional Manor house. If you are staying on business then the hotel has 6 conference and meeting rooms for up to 240 people. What's more the superb grounds covering 100 acres are ideal for team building events. Indulge yourself with an array of treatments at the spa or build up a sweat in the leisure club. Finish off the day with a delicious meal in our award-winning Brasserie, or snack on a selection of tasty nibbles whilst overlooking the manicured golf course in either The Terrace or Squadron Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldwark Manor Hotel Aldwark
- Aldwark Manor York
- Aldwark Manor Hotel York
- Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel Yorkshire