This is our second visit to this splendid hotel with our friends. Warm welcome, excellent accommodation and delicious and varied menu, well served and cooked. Breakfast is individually cooked ( not buffet style) so it is piping hot and comes beautifully served. Set in beautiful surroundings in the N Yorks countryside, this old manor house, which has been sympathetically extended an an hotel, spa etc , also has an excellent golf course......so, our husbands golf and the girls have a leisurely time with massage, facials and time for relaxation. Lots of lovely, quiet rooms in which to laze before warm fires in winter time - plenty of reading material, board games etc. There are lovely walks, too, both in the grounds and the village.
We had an upgrade room in the old part, on our last visit; this time we were shown to the newer extension, where the room was split level - with the bed on a mezzanine level ( with TV) and the lower level containing comfortable setter, chairs, tables and another TV. Two contrasting rooms, both excellent, with splendid bathrooms and toiletries. As we are Breakaway CLub members ( well worth it, by the way) we had lots of lovely extras, too.
As in most Q hotels, the service was first rate, staff are very pleasant and helpful and, more especially, their demeanour and their skills would seem to indicate that Q Hotels have excellent staff training programmes.
Will we return?......DEFINITELY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aldwark Manor Golf and Spa Hotel is located near York. It is nestled in a picturesque village in between York and Harrogate within the stunning North Yorkshire Moors. Even though this gem of a hotel makes you feel a million miles away, it is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the A59. What better way to take in the views than to play the 18 hole golf course? The challenging course is set amidst gorgeous rolling hills. This hotel is a real mix of old and new. With 53 individually designed bedrooms which are split between the modern contemporary wing of the hotel and the traditional Manor house. If you are staying on business then the hotel has 6 conference and meeting rooms for up to 240 people. What's more the superb grounds covering 100 acres are ideal for team building events. Indulge yourself with an array of treatments at the spa or build up a sweat in the leisure club. Finish off the day with a delicious meal in our award-winning Brasserie, or snack on a selection of tasty nibbles whilst overlooking the manicured golf course in either The Terrace or Squadron Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldwark Manor Hotel Aldwark
- Aldwark Manor York
- Aldwark Manor Hotel York
- Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel Yorkshire