We stayed at Aldwark for two nights and enjoyed the short break very much. The house itself is beautiful, and we were lucky ( in a way!) that the dreadful weather had closed the golf course so we were able to enjoy walks around the grounds without the danger of being hit by golf balls! The staff at reception and in the restaurant were very welcoming and helpful, and our room was clean, spacious and comfortable, with a huge bed. The spa treatment was relaxing and the beautician was excellent, making sure that I was cosy and relaxed. My husband thought the fitness centre and pool were great.
The only issues we had were : the bathroom was tiny and contained what is possibly the smallest bath in the western world. I am only 5'2" and had to fold myself up to get in it ! Also the shower seemed to vary it's temperature depending on whether other rooms were also using their showers. Although it was entertaining listening to my husband's yelps as the water varied from boiling to freezing, I wasn't so amused when it happened to me. Big problem as there is clearly no easy way to resolve these issues.
One complaint that could, however, be easily addressed is the grossly-overpriced wine in the bar and restaurant - ordinary wine at £20 + per bottle minimum is well over-the -top.
All in all, a nice short break in a lovely setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aldwark Manor Golf and Spa Hotel is located near York. It is nestled in a picturesque village in between York and Harrogate within the stunning North Yorkshire Moors. Even though this gem of a hotel makes you feel a million miles away, it is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the A59. What better way to take in the views than to play the 18 hole golf course? The challenging course is set amidst gorgeous rolling hills. This hotel is a real mix of old and new. With 53 individually designed bedrooms which are split between the modern contemporary wing of the hotel and the traditional Manor house. If you are staying on business then the hotel has 6 conference and meeting rooms for up to 240 people. What's more the superb grounds covering 100 acres are ideal for team building events. Indulge yourself with an array of treatments at the spa or build up a sweat in the leisure club. Finish off the day with a delicious meal in our award-winning Brasserie, or snack on a selection of tasty nibbles whilst overlooking the manicured golf course in either The Terrace or Squadron Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldwark Manor Hotel Aldwark
- Aldwark Manor York
- Aldwark Manor Hotel York
- Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel Yorkshire