We stayed here for 4 nights and booked the dueplex suite which was a lovely room with a large deck area to sit outside. Once we checked in and got our key "key" yep no nice swipe cards big keys on big keyrings" we went to our room which was great. There was no iron or board in the room so i asked for one to be brought up, after 3 more calls and 10mins till i needed to go to dinner it arrived.
We went for dinner which we were told we should book as it gets busy,hmmmm 3 tables full including us but hey ho. The food here is amazing good size portions and great food worth every penny. The restaurant has a dress code of no t-shirts shorts or trainers which is good, but then when you see people sitting in trainers eating thats a little anoying.
We went for a walk after dinner and headed out the end exit near the church....beautiful little church but be warned at night there is a farm on the right side as you come out the complex with the most aggressive dog ive met. It is not locked in the farm and can easily get out to you. My wife does not like dogs and im always telling her she is being silly but this thing scared me too, just be careful.
We used the leisure facilities which were great. Now we had a room that was £189 a night which included free bottled water and other items which house keeping seemed to forget to put new ones in our room every day as im guessing they thought they could get away with it oh no.
We had a very relaxing time here and i would recommend it to other people, the items i mention above are minor problems and would not stop me from visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aldwark Manor Golf and Spa Hotel is located near York. It is nestled in a picturesque village in between York and Harrogate within the stunning North Yorkshire Moors. Even though this gem of a hotel makes you feel a million miles away, it is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the A59. What better way to take in the views than to play the 18 hole golf course? The challenging course is set amidst gorgeous rolling hills. This hotel is a real mix of old and new. With 53 individually designed bedrooms which are split between the modern contemporary wing of the hotel and the traditional Manor house. If you are staying on business then the hotel has 6 conference and meeting rooms for up to 240 people. What's more the superb grounds covering 100 acres are ideal for team building events. Indulge yourself with an array of treatments at the spa or build up a sweat in the leisure club. Finish off the day with a delicious meal in our award-winning Brasserie, or snack on a selection of tasty nibbles whilst overlooking the manicured golf course in either The Terrace or Squadron Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldwark Manor Hotel Aldwark
- Aldwark Manor York
- Aldwark Manor Hotel York
- Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel Yorkshire