“If you love Italian, you'll love Bread & Water Bistro”
Review of Bread & Water Bistro - CLOSED

Bread & Water Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Went to Bread and Water for the simple reason that it is open on monday, and I was very impressed. The restaurant has 2 store fronts, pizza and dine-in. We went for the dine-in side and were greeted with complimentary fresh made bread, delicious. The Menu looks very Italian with lots of options for different pastas and Pizzas, salads and soups. Chicken Parmesan was excellent and I can't pronounce nor write what I got, but it was also very good. Both of us had leftovers for the next day and got the opportunity to be impressed a second time.

Very good, would recommend to anyone that loves Italian food, they are better than just the average pizza joint around Bruce County.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Visited last night for the first- but not last time!
Food was fantastic!
I had the gnocchi with Gorgonzola cream sauce- heaven!
Will be back - everything on the menu looked amazing!
A new favourite place!
Thanks for coming to Chesley!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

A nice relaxing place for my spouse and i to go to for supper. A good menu that will set up nicely with a glass or bottle of wine if you choose

Reviewed November 4, 2012

local italian by chef who had been a corporate chef and wanted his own shop

good homemade food always fresh

great pizza for in or takeout

half price pasta on monday night if order soup or salad

well worth the trip but dont expect haute cuisine just good honest italian and some american choices

1  Thank drillerkc74
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My partner and I with another couple ate at teh Bread & WAter Bistro and Pizzeria last night in Chesley. What a wonderful surprise! We live 25 minutes away and never knew of it's existence. The one side is a pizzeria take out and the other side is a very small restaurant. Their menu has lots of choice, mostly Italian (I love Italian food) and their prices are very reasonable. They offer wine or beer as alcohol. Their wine prices are the lowest I have ever seen! My friend and I shared the mussels as an appetizer, done in a white wine sauce and they were so mouth watering good. Had a caesar salad and the dressing was very light and it had fresh parmesan cheese in it. For my main I had the chicken parmigiana and asked for gluten free pasta which they were able to do and it was served with plenty of fresh root vegetable. The chicken was very moist and the tomato sauce on it was superb! My partner decided that he would have their beef ravioli which is done with a red wine reduction and herbs and it too was very tasty (of course I had to try one!). He also had their homemade potato and bacon soup which not only looked very good but he ate every last drop of it.
The restaurant is very small and nicely decorated (not too fancy but very clean) so you should make a reservation if you're heading that way. I would highly recommend to go and have a meal here. You won't be disappointed ... it was so delicious!

2  Thank Summerpls