“local treat”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

local italian by chef who had been a corporate chef and wanted his own shop

good homemade food always fresh

great pizza for in or takeout

half price pasta on monday night if order soup or salad

well worth the trip but dont expect haute cuisine just good honest italian and some american choices

1  Thank drillerkc74

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My partner and I with another couple ate at teh Bread & WAter Bistro and Pizzeria last night in Chesley. What a wonderful surprise! We live 25 minutes away and never knew of it's existence. The one side is a pizzeria take out and the other side is a very small restaurant. Their menu has lots of choice, mostly Italian (I love Italian food) and their prices are very reasonable. They offer wine or beer as alcohol. Their wine prices are the lowest I have ever seen! My friend and I shared the mussels as an appetizer, done in a white wine sauce and they were so mouth watering good. Had a caesar salad and the dressing was very light and it had fresh parmesan cheese in it. For my main I had the chicken parmigiana and asked for gluten free pasta which they were able to do and it was served with plenty of fresh root vegetable. The chicken was very moist and the tomato sauce on it was superb! My partner decided that he would have their beef ravioli which is done with a red wine reduction and herbs and it too was very tasty (of course I had to try one!). He also had their homemade potato and bacon soup which not only looked very good but he ate every last drop of it.
The restaurant is very small and nicely decorated (not too fancy but very clean) so you should make a reservation if you're heading that way. I would highly recommend to go and have a meal here. You won't be disappointed ... it was so delicious!

2  Thank Summerpls
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have eaten here twice and both times were pleasantly surprised. Tasty bread to start with. Veal, salads, pasta, desserts are all amazing and definitely made with love. Food is flavourful. Servers were knowledgeable and efficient. Definitely will be back.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Italian cuisine at its finest. Friends had highly recommended this restaurant so I made Saturday night dinner reservations for my wife, daughter and I. A plate of fresh, warm, delicious bread was immediately brought to the table. We all ordered a side Caesar salad to start. The romaine was crisp and the dressing was creamy, with lots of garlic. We each ordered a different entree including beef ravioli, smoked salmon penne and grilled steak pasta. Everything tasted absolutely fabulous. If only we had left room for the Chef's favourite, the chicken pesto penne.
The Citra brand Italian red wine matched the meals perfectly and was only $14.00 a bottle.
For dessert we enjoyed creme brulee and chocolate pot de creme, the latter alone worth the drive to Chesley. Overall the best meal we have eaten, hands down, anywhere in Bruce County, or Grey County for that matter. The food quality and taste rivaled anything you will eat in the large urban areas and costs half the price. We will definitely be back. P.S. Open seven days a week. Check the open hours before going. Reservations recommended.

1  Thank 2GS
Reviewed January 23, 2012

So pleased to visit such an enjoyable, quality eating place in a small rural town like Chesley.