“Decent Restaurant, nice to have in Chesley”
Review of Bierman's Bar and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bierman's Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is exactly the variety that we need in Chesley. It's not an outstanding restaurant, it's not the best burger, Italian, pizza, or infact anything in town. But you can get a decent burger, with some creative menu items, poutine and a beer.

Not going to break any records, but it is consistently okay, good place to watch the local sports game on the Tele.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had the turkey burger and it was tasteless and very dry. No spice at all. I have a feeling it was frozen and out of a box. My husband asked if the onion rings were good and the waitress told us that they were frozen McCain brand. Seriously, how difficult is it to make burgers and onion rings ? Decor was appealing, food was not.

2  Thank Colette M
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I usually find there aren't many options in the close vaccinity for pubs and bars, so when I heard about this place, I was excited to take some friends there for dinner and drinks.
Loved the atmosphere with the brick walls and it had a nice bar area with booths and tables. Perfect local hang out spot. I heard there is live music some nights, and I would definately return for that.
We ordered bruschetta for an appetizer. Right away my friend started to laugh as it had to be the smallest bruschetta we had ever seen. There were four pieces, and I believe they were on something like little squares of melba toast? They did taste good though - and they were not expensive by any means. For the mains we got burgers, pasta, and the Portobello burger. The burgers and pasta were "okay", but the Portobello burger left much to be desired, as it was quite small and flat and barely took up half the size of the bun.
All in all, this is a great place, and we had great service. Next time I will try some other food options, and perhaps give it a 5 out of 5!

1  Thank Amy K
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Was there twice recently. They try to offer an interesting selection but it seems like it is all the same. The burgers, wings, and chicken fingers tend to be overcooked. And they use a lot of dry rubs rather than sauces. Between the overcooking and rubs, things tend to taste dry.