“Stylish restaurant - but too much side salad.”

Paasha Turkish Cafe & Takeaway
Ranked #10 of 53 Restaurants in Pukekohe
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phone +64-9-239-0096
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had been looking for a Turkish restaurant locally and saw that Paasha was in Pukekohe, so decided to try it out.

The restaurant is decked out beautifully with lovely decor and accessories. The service was polite, but could be a little friendlier, I thought.

The food was a little disappointing. I love Turkish food, so didn't know what to choose off the menu as I didn't know the 'specialty' of the restaurant. I finally settled on the Mussaka which was nice, but I thought there could've been a bit more and there was way too much side salad - which was an uninspiring iceberg salad and the parsley in the tabouleh salad was chopped up very large and a little too chunky to be enjoyable.

My partner tried the mixed grill which he thought was quite nice, but again there was too much salad 'filler' on the plate.

We DID try the garlic bread which was very fresh-tasting and of generous proportions.

We would definitely try Paasha again and see if something else suited us better off the menu.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

It's been a while since our last visit. The restaurant has now expanded next door too. Makes for spacious dinning and big group bookings.

Such a variety of authentic Turkish dishes, and lovely wood fired pizza which both myself and my wife enjoyed. The pizza was just a little bigger than the plates, but was suitable filled with nice size toppings.

Only downside we were too full to try their desserts. Good excuse for a return visit soon.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and attentive without being intrusive.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had a mixed plate as a main and the food was absolutely divine! Would highly recommend this place for a casual or fancy night out - service was attentive and very professional - do yourself a favor and try the food here.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Nice staff, fantastic food plus the atmosphere in the restaurant is very traditional and enjoyable. We go here all the time due to the great selection and location right on the main street of Pukekohe.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is an amazing restaurant, everything is yummy but the pizzas are tasty, authentic and very moorish! They do takeaways too.