“small town accomodation”
Review of Aveda Motor Lodge

Aveda Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pukekohe
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I currently stayed in Pukekohe in New Zealand for work and my stay here was fabulous. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The room was very spacious and it was just for me. It was always clean and tidy. Plenty of room for clothes, working on the laptop, eating. Even had a microwave and cooktop. Small fridge but big enough to put food in for a week or more. Huge bathroom and airconditioning to keep it nice and toasty.

The only thing that was disappointing was there was never enough coffee and sugar replaced each day as I do like my morning coffee. Always had a fresh bottle of water in the fridge.

Accomodation was very close to the centre of town and access is so easy in the streets. Photos on the website are exactly what you get as well. Very nice.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone needing somewhere to stay in Pukekohe.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Selina M

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Lovely accomodation. Such a treat to have a first class unit. Everything so clean and tidy and the staff so welcoming. Would recommend this Motel to anybody and we will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PaulMatarangi
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This motel is relatively new and has good inclusions, e.g. beds, chairs, desk, kitchen and bathroom. The rooms are quiet and the wireless internet is the best I have experienced.

Room Tip: Don't worry about either rail or raod noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank John M
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have just stayed here and received nothing but the best service from the owners. The service in general was excellent but what I am about to tell you is something really restores your faith in human nature.

I had managed to get locked out of my hire car and the hire company would not provide assistance; it was after normal hours. I rang the motel owner to request phone numbers of local taxi companies and upon hearing of my plight immediately drove 20km out into the countryside to where I was stranded and picked me up, took me 40km to Auckland airport to obtain a spare car key, then drove me back 40km to my car so that I could complete my business trip.

Thanks Aaron, this was service of the highest order and well beyond the call of duty. I thoroughly recommend staying at this motel whilst visiting in and around Pukekohe.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are good
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Steve G
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The motel was very clean and tidy. Good facilities, quiet and peaceful. The hosts were very friendly, and even gave us a bottle of wine to cheer us up after a long stormy drive from Hawke's Bay. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Fish1940
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Every year my husband and I share a few days holiday with another couple. We decided to explaore the Awhitu Peninsula as none of us had been there before. It was my task to book some accommodation. Not an easy job as our friends are extremely fussy. The first thing we noticed is how smart and clean the motel was with a large tidy carpark. Judy was very friendly at reception and showed us our double room unit. Fit for a king ( and best of all - no complaints from our friends!)

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Aveda. Nothing was too much trouble for Judy. The staff were happily carrying out their duties with cheery good morning greetings. I suspect Judy has a very efficent systems programme as everything was set up really well.

Thank you for having a website that clearly explains the sleeping arrangements and facilities,
We got caught up the coast with my husband sleeping in a small bunk!

Our room was spacious and superb. Plenty of room to be used a base room if a group stayed
and used extra rooms for sleeping.

Well done Judy. The design of your complex and service is exemplary.

Room Tip: Some units were upstairs
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Videoplus
Reviewed April 6, 2011

The motor lodge is 35 minutes from Auckland Airport. However, we had refused to stay at the accommodation that had been booked for us, a brave call when most of the city and environs was booked out. When we arrived at 6.30pm, tired and frustrated Judy, the owner was extremely welcoming. We were given a newly appointed studio apartment which was roomy, spotless with a king sized bed and air conditioning. The tariff, $130 p/n was well spent. In fact Judy's eye for detail is what sets this accommodation apart from many others we have stayed in. Well done Judy, we will recommend our Aussie friends stay with you.

Room Tip: Steps - Request ground floor
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Pinkyfivefour
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pukekohe
Kiwi International Hotel
Pukekohe Motel
Pukekohe Motel
#3 of 5 in Pukekohe
BK's Counties Motor Lodge

Been to Aveda Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!