“Excellent three day stay”

BK's Counties Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Pukekohe B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Arrived late, but the lady owner and her lovely friendly dog were waiting up for us. We were made to feel very welcome. We were given lots of information on where to eat, and what to do while we were in Pukekohe. Good location, just a few minutes walk to the rugby field and to town
The motel was very nice, the unit was a good size, nice and warm and beautifully clean, and had a lovely comfortable bed. Nice grounds, and swimming pool. Had the weather been a bit warmer I would have taken a dip in the swimming pool as it looked very inviting. Great cooked breakfast .
We can see why this motel won a hospitality award. Staff and owner (and dog) very friendly and helpful and did everything they could to make sure we had a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fismum
Carol M, Owner at BK's Counties Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Wow, thank you for the fantastic review, I really appreciate it. We try our best to be as good to all our guests and it is so nice to see it acknowledged

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very clean, comfortable and tidy/neat motel complex. We had friends visit and did not have to feel apologetic about anything. Warm and sunny aspect, easy parking and a packet of tissues sitting beside the bed was a nice little extra touch for someone (myself) who had arrived from Taupo with a bit of a sniffle. We have stayed here 4 times now and have always found it to be consistently well run and a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carol M, Owner at BK's Counties Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. We will keep doing our best to maintain that level. I see you have stayed a few times, ask about our loyalty programme. It was remiss of us not to have offered it to you.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed in the studio unit with a spa bath , it was great to soak in after driving a few hrs , Carol was a great host as she was very helpful and very friendly , the room was spacious and very clean and the bed was so so comfortable , will be staying there again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Carol M, Owner at BK's Counties Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you very much for the review. Sorry for the slow response, have been away at MANZ(Motel Association) conference. Also we have won the 2013 Pukekohe Business Association award for Hospitality. Onwards and upwards as we keep trying to improve

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Despite the mention of "pets allowed", I got a response to my "travelling with 1 x rottie, 1 x mastiff X" from Carol saying ...These are not suitable dogs to be in a motel without further discussion. That was over 3 days ago when I said she could refuse the booking & refund. Since then, she does NOT respond to email (I've sent 3) nor has she refunded my $140 for the booking. SHOCKING & unprofessional.
Just refund my booking for 31 July & I will stay at a real pet-friendly motel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sue G
Carol M, Owner at BK's Counties Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

As a new owner I wanted to make sure I had all my information correct before responding to a quite aggressive email when I enquired as to what kind of dogs they had. I didn't feel it was normal to book online with pets and supply no other information. There was no payment taken, only a credit card number advised as a guarantee. We had further correspondence by email and I think we both come to a comfortable conclusion. I offered to suggest some other places she could try as I didn't feel the type of dogs she had were suitable for a bigger motel in town. She has posted this review before we tidied the issue up and while I was seeking information to do the right thing. She didn't realise that we had not taken any money.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Once again I booked this Motel over the internet for what we paid it was okay. We were a bit disappointed to be given the Disabled Room as I booked the motel a long way out from the date of our stay. The room was clean and tidy and as it was the disabled room plenty of room to move around. Carol who runs the Motel was very friendly and I could see that it would be good Motel for families to stay. The room was rather noisy as it was at the front not toward the back of the property where I am sure would have been much quieter. It was close to the Hampton Downs Race track which why we chose to stay at Pukekohe.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Carol M, Owner at BK's Counties Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your review, it helps me to see how my guests think as opposed to why I choose certain rooms for people. I choose the room you were in for people who I think will enjoy the grassed area in front and not have to listen to the pool noise into the evening. The only other standard studio's are those behind the pool and they would definitely be quieter for road noise.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We came across this motel by accident , as we were travelling north , but running late and didnt fancy crossing the Auckland Bridge in rush hour - so we pulled off the motor way to look for a motel for the night. We were very pleased with what this motel had to offer . The rooms were spacious and clean. The owners were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Those that dont back onto the main road will be quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We get a lot of our guest who are not wanting to get caught up with Auckland traffic. They stay here before going up north or make sure they come through Auckland and can carry on south the next day. We also get a lot of airport people as we are only 35-40 minutes away and again they don't have to deal with traffic.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We spent only one night at the Motel following my daughter's wedding at the nearby Footbridge Lodge. The property is surprisingly large with plenty of different units available to suit most requirements. Three of us shared ours, it was spacious, clean and well appointed. It suited us very well. Puke is not really on the tourist trail but if you need to spend a night in the area, BK Counties is certainly recommended. It was quiet and there is a pool if you feel the need.

Room Tip: The further back from the road the better but it is not noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words, we actually have people staying here most weekends (especially in the summer) who are attending weddings. The most we have had so far is four different wedding on one weekend. We get brides and bridal parties also and they often stay the night in the premier units are use them for getting ready. We are the closest motel to quite a few of the wedding venue's in the area.

Being a big motel we have all different room types and as you can appreciate cost predicts where the quietest rooms are.