“great place to stay”

BK's Counties Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Pukekohe B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed in the studio unit with a spa bath , it was great to soak in after driving a few hrs , Carol was a great host as she was very helpful and very friendly , the room was spacious and very clean and the bed was so so comfortable , will be staying there again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Carol M, Owner at BK's Counties Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you very much for the review. Sorry for the slow response, have been away at MANZ(Motel Association) conference. Also we have won the 2013 Pukekohe Business Association award for Hospitality. Onwards and upwards as we keep trying to improve

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Despite the mention of "pets allowed", I got a response to my "travelling with 1 x rottie, 1 x mastiff X" from Carol saying ...These are not suitable dogs to be in a motel without further discussion. That was over 3 days ago when I said she could refuse the booking & refund. Since then, she does NOT respond to email (I've sent 3) nor has she refunded my $140 for the booking. SHOCKING & unprofessional.
Just refund my booking for 31 July & I will stay at a real pet-friendly motel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sue G
Carol M, Owner at BK's Counties Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

As a new owner I wanted to make sure I had all my information correct before responding to a quite aggressive email when I enquired as to what kind of dogs they had. I didn't feel it was normal to book online with pets and supply no other information. There was no payment taken, only a credit card number advised as a guarantee. We had further correspondence by email and I think we both come to a comfortable conclusion. I offered to suggest some other places she could try as I didn't feel the type of dogs she had were suitable for a bigger motel in town. She has posted this review before we tidied the issue up and while I was seeking information to do the right thing. She didn't realise that we had not taken any money.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Once again I booked this Motel over the internet for what we paid it was okay. We were a bit disappointed to be given the Disabled Room as I booked the motel a long way out from the date of our stay. The room was clean and tidy and as it was the disabled room plenty of room to move around. Carol who runs the Motel was very friendly and I could see that it would be good Motel for families to stay. The room was rather noisy as it was at the front not toward the back of the property where I am sure would have been much quieter. It was close to the Hampton Downs Race track which why we chose to stay at Pukekohe.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Carol M, Owner at BK's Counties Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your review, it helps me to see how my guests think as opposed to why I choose certain rooms for people. I choose the room you were in for people who I think will enjoy the grassed area in front and not have to listen to the pool noise into the evening. The only other standard studio's are those behind the pool and they would definitely be quieter for road noise.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We came across this motel by accident , as we were travelling north , but running late and didnt fancy crossing the Auckland Bridge in rush hour - so we pulled off the motor way to look for a motel for the night. We were very pleased with what this motel had to offer . The rooms were spacious and clean. The owners were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Those that dont back onto the main road will be quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We get a lot of our guest who are not wanting to get caught up with Auckland traffic. They stay here before going up north or make sure they come through Auckland and can carry on south the next day. We also get a lot of airport people as we are only 35-40 minutes away and again they don't have to deal with traffic.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We spent only one night at the Motel following my daughter's wedding at the nearby Footbridge Lodge. The property is surprisingly large with plenty of different units available to suit most requirements. Three of us shared ours, it was spacious, clean and well appointed. It suited us very well. Puke is not really on the tourist trail but if you need to spend a night in the area, BK Counties is certainly recommended. It was quiet and there is a pool if you feel the need.

Room Tip: The further back from the road the better but it is not noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words, we actually have people staying here most weekends (especially in the summer) who are attending weddings. The most we have had so far is four different wedding on one weekend. We get brides and bridal parties also and they often stay the night in the premier units are use them for getting ready. We are the closest motel to quite a few of the wedding venue's in the area.

Being a big motel we have all different room types and as you can appreciate cost predicts where the quietest rooms are.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed for a week with 2 x kids. The pool was a god send as the temperature was really hot.
The Motel owner lent us her GPS when we couldn't get a map for the area we needed to drive to which was awesome and very kind of her.
A great information folder in the room with all the restaurants etc that you would need. The rooms got serviced every two days and the towels, coffee etc replaced.
The beds were excellent.
Good TV's in lounge and bedroom.
Bathroom was excellent and the whole apartment was spotlessly clean.
Owner has only had it for a year so is doing a few improvements.
The only thing that I would suggest would be to have ceiling fans in the bedrooom as well as the lounge as it was really humid and at night there was no air flow while we were there. Apart from that it was a great stay. The motel is very close to Pukekohe. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Carol M, Owner at BK's Counties Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our idea is to make the property a quiet safe place for everyone and family friendly. You must have been on a special rate as most rooms are serviced daily. You bring up a good point about fans, we have spare ones that we give to people that request them. I need to update my compendium to add it in here, I didn't realise it was missing. As a new owner everything is a learning curb.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Lovely quiet Motor Lodge, tucked in a warm sunny basin.
Swimming pool just outside the units, well fenced etc.
Very friendly hosts. Good sleep, and just down the road to Pukekohe Township!
We dinned for breakfast in the township. Lovely food and friendly folk.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carol M, Owner at BK's Counties Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review and I apologise for the delay in responding. I am a new owner and have just learnt how to use trip adviser properly. It is people like you that will help me to see what I am doing right.