“A real find”

Siena
Cuisines: Italian
“A real find”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here a number of times here and I haven't had a bad bite. The place is always really quiet, though I go about 5 with my 2 kids and as per the other reviewers the atmosphere is slightly lacking but the food is really amazing. I have had Bruschetta (beautiful flavour in the tomatoes), Carbonnara, Bolognase, pizza and they were all amazing and full of flavour. The kids choice is really good including freshly breaded chicken for the goujons and home made chips. The play area for the kids is very handy. It's well worth the visit, get past how quiet it is because her the food is worth it

Visited September 2013
1 Thank 542malone

Bettystown, Ireland
“only average”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

atmosphere was poor as we where two of 4 people there, also the restaurant was pretty cold, the food was good i had carbonara which was very nice and my wife had pizza which aagain was nice, i would not rush back here, hopefully it will get better

Visited February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice Food...but Empty Restaurant”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a nice dinner in Siena recently. The starters were fine, nothing spectacular (Chicken wings were nice...Garlic mushrooms were only ok). Mains were delicious though - my husband had a pizza and it's one of the nicest we've both tasted in a long time. I had a chicken & prawn pasta and it was really delicious and both were very generous portions! The best part of the meal were the chips - actual homemade handcut chips, like chipper chips but without the grease. I'd go back there just for them!

Shared Banoffee for dessert which was really fab, as was the cappucino.

Overall a really lovely meal, lovely staff and a very extensive menu. Also it's a lovely location right on the beach so I'm looking forward to the summer when the view will be really lovely!
The only offputting thing was the fact that we were the only people in the restaurant at one stage and this was on a weekend night. It's only newly opened though so hopefully a bit of advertising will work and the next time we visit it will have a bit more atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MrsOC2012
“Great food”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have been here serveral times, the menu is extensive and the food is consistently high standard. Have been with different people and all agreed their food was very good. I had the best steak I have had in a long time here last week and also the best bruschetta. The food is real authentic Italian and the different flavours just feel like being in Italy :) Well done and keep it up. There is just one thing I would say - the space is a bit too big and as a result "echoey" and the ceiling is very high in one part. This creates a lack of atmosphere/warmth. It could do with a partition or dividers of some sort and maybe some more decoration. The windows are a bit too big, especially the one facing the leisure centre next door and when it gets dark the outdoor light from there is very bright when you look out, its just not a nice look. Some sort of blind on the window might be better.

• Visited January 2013