“B & B Cambridge” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Black Horse Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Black Horse Inn
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“B & B Cambridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Very friendly, helpful staff. Food in the pub was excellent, shame no breakfast weekdays. Highly recommend for visiting Cambridge, the bus stops outside and lots of picturesque villages on the way. Good value for money

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We often visit Anglesey and always ate there as there didnt appear to be anywhere local to go. On a visit to see the Light Show we arrived early and asked someone where we could go as we were too early to enter. We were directed to the Black Horse a few minutes away. We were pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We had a really wonderful meal which was a cut above the normal pub fare and surprisingly at very reasonable prices ie 2 meals for £15 and on a Saturday. I had scampi and chips and they were the real deal. Meaty scampi and chips that were golden crisp outside with almost mashed potato fluffy inside. There was live music courtesy of an open mike local talent. All in all, a night we will remember for good reasons.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

My family and I stayed here for the weekend, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, the staff and the food are top quality. The value for money is exceptional. The landlord and landlady were very helpful, Sharon the landlady saved us a taxi fair by running us to the wedding we were attending. I would thouthoroughly recommend The Black Horse Inn from young to old!

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

when arriving at the black horse we parked with no problem, went to bar and got our key, the room was great. we then went to the bar for a few beers and was made very welcome, we had the homemade burgers and chips for dinner and can honestly say it was the best we had ever had. the next day we went out for the day come back and tried the steak which came out on a hot stone we had never had steak like this before but can say its probably the best way to have it, it was delicious.. we travel a lot and this was one of out best stays away.

Biggleswade, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We recently stayed at the Black Horse Inn we had a comfortable room we also had two meals in the restaurant both very good all the staff were friendly also had six real ales highly recommended good for Newmarket races and visiting Cambridge

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

As a regular user of the Black Horse, I'm very surprised that anyone could find fault with staff, beer, food and accomodation offered. I have been in the hospitality trade since I was 14 years of age, and I can say that I've never seen such a devotion to detail or guests. I will certainly be going again soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am so glad that we decided to stay at The Black Horse for our trip to visit the family this summer!! Due to lack of space I was forced to find accommodation in the surrounding area for myself and my partner. With their competitive prices we decided to stay in this lovely, little country pub hotel and was chuffed that we had made this decision. Upon arriving at the hotel we were shown to our room by a bright, chatty member of staff who had good local knowledge on the surrounding areas. Being young we wanted to find some nightlife for our visit and were given great advice on where to go and how to get there.
Our room was a double room which was extremely clean, with fresh bedding and towels and tea/coffee making facilities. Being a cleaner myself I am always anxious when staying in hotels but was relieved upon inspection to find the room up to my ‘clean freak’ standards.
We decided to invite the family to eat at the pub restaurant after seeing the delicious, mouth-watering dishes being brought out by the waitress. Needless to say my family loved it! The Burgers and Steaks were AMAZING!! We were spoilt for choice and it took me a ridiculous amount of time to choose from the variety of meals on offer. They also had a great wine selection, and I had a delicious white wine which I loved so much I have since googled and bought myself to have again at home!
Being a large party we were served our food and drinks promptly and correctly with no missing items or incorrect orders (always a bonus!!) All of the staff had a great sense of humour and survived my family’s sarcastic banter. We ended up having a fantastic meal and were even ordered a local taxi by the landlady when deciding we wanted to move on for an evening in Cambridge which is only a short drive away.
Being in a quiet location we had an undisturbed, comfortable sleep and had plenty of time to use the facilities in the morning before having the 'life saving' hangover breakfast and checking out.
Overall I felt this stay was flawless. We had no issues with the staff, food, accommodation or location. I am so pleased we decided to stay there and will definitely be returning over Christmas for the next family visit – hopefully the Black Horse will be prepared for another family meal. My mother has already informed me she wants one of them yummy steaks again really soon!

2 Thank LAMSB295
Rutland Arms Hotel
Rutland Arms Hotel
#8 of 8 in Newmarket
Best Western Heath Court Hotel

Been to The Black Horse Inn? Share your experiences!