“Lovely atmosphere in the pub area”
Review of Leens Hotel

and 1 more site!
Leens Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Abbeyfeale B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stopped at this hotel to eat lunch on the advice of a local on the street. It has a lovely atmosphere, with big wooden beams and a cozy feel in the bar area. We sat in front of a warm turf fire and ordered lunch. My seafood chowder (5.95 euros) was good, with lots of fish (no shellfish) and not overly thick. The brown bread served with it was stale. It was a good value, though, and the rest of our party enjoyed their lunch as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Leenshotelabbeyfeale, Owner at Leens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear DeeDee

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your experience in Leens Hotel.
It really is great to hear such nice things about the bar. The cosiness and open fire is a trademark of Leens and is remarked about a lot..We want to enhance our customers time while they are in the bar and we are in agreement that the ambiance helps this.
I am glad you enjoyed the food especially the chowder, I will pass this on to David our head chef.Sincere apologies for the bread though, that is regrettable on our part.
I am glad everyone left happy and I hope your enjoyed your holiday in Ireland.
Trip advisor is a vital tool in getting more business, so thank you again for your positive feedback,

Proprietor.

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

The entrance to the hotel from the car park at the rear, is worryingly bleak, but thankfully the friendliness of the staff allows you to soon forget it. The rooms are a bit dated, but clean and comfortable. The carpet in in hallways is badly in need of replacement.
This is not an expensive hotel (slightly more than a local B&B). Would I stay again? Yes, why not!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Leenshotelabbeyfeale, Owner at Leens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear DhDublin

Thank you for taking the time submit a review on your stay with us.I am delighted overall that you enjoyed your stay with us, and our staff looked after you in a friendly manner.
You will be happy to hear since you have left us we have carried out some refurbishments and replaced carpets etc..I am glad you found our bedrooms clean and comfortable while you were with us. I hope you might consider returning to us again to see some of the improvements we have made.
Trip advisor is important to us as it allows us to constantly change and improve so once again thank you for your review on here

Proprietor.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had our evening meal here 2 nights on the trot. The first night we chose from the menu and the second night we had the set menu. Although the food is not cheap it was value for money with an efficient and friendly staff. It was busy both evenings with families and couples dining. It might have been busier because of Valentine's weekend. However, it is popular and eating here you should not be disappointed.

As regards the accommodation I am unable to comment as we never stayed here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Debbie Q

I was delighted that you dined with us 2 nights in a row. This is a great sign from a business point of view.. Its wonderful to hear that you enjoyed both meals and all aspects of your experience in Leens..It is our constant goal to offer a top quality food and service and to ensure all customers leave satisfied.
I have passed your positive feedback on to our head chef David and all our staff.

Trip advisor is a vital tool in getting more business, so thank you again for your review on here.
I hope we might welcome you back to Leens Hotel again on a future visit.

Proprietor

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Second visit here & not to impressed. The room was freezing even with the rad on, the toilet was loose & the floor creeks in fact all the corridors do. Great wi-fi though good speed & your able to use in the bedrooms. It can be noisy so try and get a bedroom away from the bar if you want a good nights sleep.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Stephen
It was with disappointment i read your review of your stay with us.I am very sorry you did not enjoy your time in Leens on your second visit..Apologies for your room being cold , this is most regrettable on my part. The issue with the loose toilet has since been fixed, thank you for bringing it to my attention.. Unfortunately as the building is an old one , the floors being creaky is a sign of this.
However since your stay with us in February , we have carried out some refurbishments in our hotel that we feel will enhance a guests stay with us.. I would love the chance to welcome you back to Leens in order for you to experience these changes and to improve your impression of us and would ask if you are in the area again to please contact me directly on 06831121.
Thank you again for your feedback Stephen , this is very important to us in allowing us to improve all the time.

Proprietor

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our family in Abbeyfeale hosted a wonderful dinner for us here while we were visiting from the United States. All three entrees offered received rave reviews, the service was excellent, and I can personally attest that the dessert was delicious. We would have never suspected that the restaurant pulled this delicious dinner for a large group with little notice; it seemed as if it had been planned for months.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julia C
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Staff was kind and helpful, had a hard time finding the front desk. Room was just average which was fine. Wireless connection was not the best but honestly I was very pleasantly surprised that they offered internet. The pub was lovely and breakfast the next morning was wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed there in June over the weekend and my expectations were not great but I was really surprised with staff in bar and restaurant. Really nice and you feel welcomed there.
Dinner - Lovely and breakfast too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeyfeale
Devon Inn Hotel
Jack O'Rourke's Bar and Accomodation
No photo provided
Fitzgeralds Farmhouse
#4 of 4 in Abbeyfeale

Been to Leens Hotel? Share your experiences!