“Rip off prices” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sem Espinhas

Sem Espinhas
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Castro Marim
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ayamonte
“Rip off prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had a lovely tuna salad and linguada fish between my husband and Myself as it was just for lunch and we were not really that hungry ...the fish was 45 euro on its own apparently it's 60 euro a kilo ! In the supermarket its 5 euro a kilo. The meal was nice but sorry the price was ridiculous, we eat regular at restaurants all around the area and have never paid that money for Linguada ....

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kknotty

“Great dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

After visiting Sem Espinhas at Vila Real, we went to this other restaurant of theirs in Castro Marim for dinner... Just another fantastic experience. Very relaxing atmosphere, good service, friendly staff and fantastic food.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank CanRC R
Toulouse, France
“Nice dinning experience on the beach.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The fish is fresh and tasty. The atmosphere is bright and lively. We had two meals here; the family, my mother-in-law, and her boyfriend. Both times we had dinner. On the first evening there was a band that played some good jazz; a couple of tracks from Horace Silver's album "Songs for My Father". Also, a good number of the waiters speak English.

The first time my wife and I shared one of the rice dishes; with octopus. It was really tasty; much different than paella. The second time I choose a whole fish from the fish case. It was a local fish caught just off the coast in the Atlantic. It was well prepared and very tasty.

My only complaints, and they are minor, are: 1) the English translations in the menu are, at times, pretty bad; 2) the waiter one night steered me toward a rather expensive Port, which seriously surprised me when I received the bill (€30 per glass, totaling €120 for the four adults). While it is my fault for not asking the price, I think he should have told me when suggesting it.

• Visited July 2013
Hong Kong,Hong Kong
“Haute Cuisine in Vila Santo Antonio, Portugal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I loved the décor and the meals. My group had: Mixed seafood kebab, Carpaccio, Grilled Tuna steaks, seafood soup, salmon salad and pepper steak. All meals were rated very high by those dining. Every dish was visually stunning and the taste matched what you saw. Wok Fried prawns with vegetables had extraordinary flavour, but a bit too oily, although less oil was requested.

It was great to dine at a restaurant with a proper tablecloth, fine glassware, and complete cutlery.

Price point is medium to high. The wine selection is vast and there is a wine shop on the premises.

We were the only table that evening, 5 diners. The service started very, very well with a welcome drink (Caipirinha) and very attentive. But as the evening wore off, the waiters were distracted. The friends who recommended the restaurant said it seemed that the waiters are at their best when they are extremely busy and focused.

Visited May 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
“What a view.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Excellent restaurant on the beach with fantastic food and what a view, especially the sunset. Try the regional cakes, cause there out of this world. You´lll want more.The staff are incredibly friendly. I know i´ll be back again.

• Visited April 2013