“A family adventure in the wilderness”
other travelers have booked this property
Main cabin entrance on an early winter afternoon during the Polar Night
Main cabin under Northern lights Main cabin lounging and dining area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Main cabin under Northern lights
Main cabin lounging and dining area
Meals are prepared for you in the main cabin kitchen
Dinner is set
Cozy beds with supporting bottom mattress, wool-filled futon top mattress, bed linen 100% linen
One bedroom has bunk beds for 4 persons
Second bedroom with 2 beds. Towels and robes are included.
Sauna cabin under Northern lights
Sauna cabin
Traditional Finnish sauna
Sauna lounging room
Barbecue hut
Flamed salmon being prepared in barbecue hut
Your hosts, Heikki and Anna and husky girl Duffe
Piesjoki river in early June
Autumn colours in September
Reindeer live in the Paistunturi wilderness and can be spotted often on hikes all year round.
Reindeer on nearby fell
Main cabin
Early afternoon during polar night, end of December.
Northern lights are common sighting, clear skies provided!
Reindeer seen during an October hike
Off-track skiing lets you explore and create your own path! Gear and guidance provided.
Siberian t i t
March is full of light
Lapland light is always changing, re-creating the atmosphere every day
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
A T
“A family adventure in the wilderness ”
Reviewed September 15, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Heikki and Anna were the most amazing hosts I have met so far, with a special feeling that we had known each other for years. We wanted an experience of the pristine wilderness in Lapland and couldn't expect better. Heikki and Anna know how to provide luxury comfort while still away from civilization. It took us 1 hour off road on a 6 wheeler on a path that is only used by them to finally reach the cabins. The main cabin is decorated with exquisite taste and has all the comfort you would wish for. We all loved the sauna every evening and the dips in the freezing river to refresh! The daily walks were beautiful and children loved spotting all the reindeers around and having a delicious picnic with a view and a little fire. Their Husky dog, Duffe became our kids best friend and we now have a little dog teddy in the house with the same name.
Finally, we can only praise our great hosts and particularly Anna for her exquisite Finnish cuisine. I have come back to Paris with some great recipes we can now enjoy with Friends.
I will conclude by saying that this adventure was something very important for our kids (2, 7 and 15) as an eye opener on the need to protect pur beautiful planet. We are now definitely convinced we should come back in winter with a group of friends.
To Anna and Heikki, thank you for the serenity and kindness

Sep 17, 2017
Thank you very much for your kind words! It was really nice having you over and we're so glad you enjoyed this little corner of the Lappish wilderness we consider very special. Hope to see you again!! Anna&Heikki
Tiia K
Helsinki, Finland
“Relaxing and wonderful long weekend outdoors but with a style!”
Reviewed August 8, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We had an amazing four day trip Into The Wild at the end of July. It was our first trip in Lapland during the summer time. Even despite of the fact that the weather could have been little bit better and there could have been fewer mosquitos (a positive matter in Finland is that the mosquitos are not dangerous!) we enjoyed our stay. It is a wonderful feeling to spend the day outdoors and just enjoy the fresh air and nature without a hurry anywhere. After the Finnish sauna and delicious dinner, you basically don't need anything else than a good night sleep. We definitely started to think whether we should come again and experience the wilderness also during the winter time!

Aug 10, 2017
Thank you Tiia for your kind words! It was so nice to have you here and you are warmly welcome again. Heikki
MaryJ_C_O
Manila, Philippines
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 13, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We visited during winter but seeing the summer photos in their FB page made me want to go back again! Apologies for the very late review but please know that we are always very happy and proud of our experience in your cabin :)

It was a very unique holiday coming from a tropical country. Untouched nature, pure bliss, calm mountains, and the peaceful energy Anna and Heikki passed on to us.

Really appreciate that everything was taken care of, from transportation to amazing meals to fun activities. Even the universe treat us so well because right after our dinner, Aurora Borealis did a fantastic show for us for two nights!

More power to you Anna and Heikki and we really hope we can visit you again!

Jul 18, 2017
Thanks Mary for your kind words and it is nice to reminisce the stay of such a fun and energetic bunch of ladies! Hope to see you again! Anna & Heikki
ADAM G
Los Angeles, California
“Best kept secret in Finland!”
Reviewed March 13, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

This all began as part of my brothers 40th birthday gift. I asked him where in the world did he want to go? Thinking he would pick a warm climate place, I was all in! Well, he decided on seeing the Northern Lights and didn't want to go Iceland, Norway, or Sweden. Instead he wanted to go Finland! I literally knew zero people who ever traveled outside of Helsinki, so we picked up a lonely planet and started to digest the different areas and what Finland had to offer. After several months of researching I get an email from my brother about this place he found through Trip Advisor "Into the Wild"... It literally hit on all aspects of what he was looking for. In the middle of nature, comfort, activities, and so much more. From the photos and descriptions, we knew that this would be an adventure and place that we could disconnect from the world and be in touch with nature. So...

1) It is literally the most beautiful place you will ever go!!! We went in early March, which was really cold for two guys from Los Angeles. But we were well informed by Heikki what to bring, and they had overalls and snow boots to help with activities.

2) The main cabin/lodge is incredible! So comfortable, beautiful, inviting, and truly a feeling of being at home. From the second we arrived on the snow mobile, we felt like this was exactly the place we needed to be! Beds were so comfortable! Sheets and blankets were perfect! Always the perfect temperature inside. It was perfect!

3) When it comes to food, I have traveled the world and hands down, this was an experience! You can't imagine what its like to come back from a 3 hour snow shoeing adventure and have the most incredible scratch made tuscan soup prepared! Perfection! Every meal was better than the last, and I have never felt better from eating so much goodness. Before we got to the lodge they asked if we had any restrictions, and is there anything we like and dislike. In short, you are in for a treat! Probably the best food in Finland! That is not a joke!

4) Adventure and Beauty: It was literally the most gorgeous setting you can ever dream of. I said to Anna and Heikki that if every person on this planet could see what we saw, this would be a better world! The sunrise and sunsets were incredible! The valley where the river flows through was magical! And the stillness was from something out of this world... Everyday Heikki had an activity planned. Cross Country skiing, Snow Shoeing, Ice Fishing, and Snow Mobile Adventure. It was incredible! They took care of everything! We felt safe, and always comfortable in everything we did!

5) Health and Wellness: One morning we all participated in a meditation circle which was so enlightening! The stresses of living in a huge city, take a toll on your mind and honestly sitting with my brother, Anna and Heikki relieved so much un needed pressure from my mind! You can't duplicate it anywhere... The Sauna was the icing on the cake! They built a sauna in the middle of Lapland, that was incredible! Every day Heikki would get the wood going, and it was the best experience you could ask for. After sitting in the sauna for some time we would jump into the snow, and it was just purifying...

And finally Anna and Heikki were the best hosts you could ask for! They both made us feel like we were at home! Like there was nothing to worry about, except having a great time!

To finish this long review, because I couldn't write less and wanted to write more I will say that "Into the wild" is the best kept secret in Finland and honestly all of Scandinavia! I've stayed in places all around the world, as has my brother and this was one of the places that will be in our hearts and minds forever! We are already planning our next trip!

Thanks for everything Anna and Heikki!

Mar 13, 2017
Dear Adam,
Thank you for your overwhelmingly kind words! We had such a great time with you. It was truly inspiring to have you here. Warmly welcome back, Heikki and Anna
YuvalBar
Tel Aviv
“Amazing and unique place!”
Reviewed March 12, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Spent 4 days with our kids in "into the wild" with Heikki and Anna . enjoyed every minute.
This was certainly a unique experience . the place is so remote,getting to the cabin takes about an hour ride with a snowmobile from Karigasaniemi village . This area is the true Lapland...
no neighbors at all and no distractions...
The place suits people who seek serenity , pure nature and peace of mind while having the opportunity to combine some physical activities according to ones wishes.
Heikki took care of all we needed and took us around snowshoeing,cross country, ice fishing, building a snow cave, we watched the free reindeers herding in the area, spotted wild animals foot prints and had a wonderful sauna at the end of everyday.
Anna is a wonderful and charming woman.she prepared such delicious meals. we tasted most of the local famous lapish dishes cooked by her and Heikki.
We also had some interesting discussions with Anna and Heikki and heard and learned more about Finland and the area we visited.
The cabin is wonderfully designed and is warm and cosy and has all the facilities one needs.
The place is amazing.
It will suit a family or a group of close friends.

Mar 12, 2017
Dear Yuval,
Thank you for your kind words. It was wonderful to spend time with you in the nature as well as enjoying conversations. Warmly welcome back, Heikki and Anna
ElaineA23...
“It was the best experience I've ever had! My stay here was simply magical.”
Reviewed March 11, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

I've never felt as peaceful as I have when I was in the wilderness. My stay in this cabin is one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had so far. The place is in the middle of nowhere. It was winter so the whole place sparkles at night when the moon is out. It's magical.

We stayed here for 3 nights and 2 out of the 3 nights, we were super lucky to witness the majestic display of the northern lights. You can see it right next to the cabin! We didn't even need to chase it! All we needed to do was wait for the darkness of the night to takeover and for the clouds to clear and we were able to see it. The northern lights are amazing! It looked like thin, neon green, transparent satin dancing across the pitch black sky. It was so beautiful, truly magical.

During the day, we did skiing, snow shoeing, and sledding. My favorite part of the day were the meals. Anna and Heikki prepared all our amazing meals. Everything was delicious! Oh I also love our baths because the sauna is soooo relaxing!

They have a dog named Duffe. She's the most adorable part siberian husky, part alaskan husky in the world! She played with us and she's always with us during our day activities. I miss her dearly.

Heikki and Anna lives a very sustainable life in the wilderness. They hunt and fish for their food. They use solar and wind energy to power the cabin. During my stay in their lovely cabin, I've decided that it was the same life I want to live in maybe 5-10 years. And that's my new life goal. They inspired me. This trip truly changed my life. I actually took photos and videos of the whole place because I liked the design of the whole cabin. It was very cozy and homey.

Oh I miss this place. I'll definitely comeback maybe around spring so I can try to go hunting with Heikki or hiking and berry picking with Anna. Hope to see you three soon! :)

Your age range 25-34
Mar 12, 2017
Dear Elaine,
Thank you for your sweet words. It's wonderful to hear about the inspiration you received during your stay. All the best on your journey towards your dreams and welcome back! Anna & Heikki
Stephanie...
“A once in a life time experience you will want to do more than once!”
Reviewed January 9, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The cabins at Into the Wild is really situated in the wild. We were well away from any towns and experienced Lapland authentically. We were treated with warmth and our every need was catered for. Anna prepared three fresh and beautiful meals for us every day and Heikki taught us to toboggan, cross-country ski and walk on snow shoes. Our hosts made the most of every day light hour and we always felt welcome and pampered. The sauna and dressing room are exquisite and we loved running from the snow into the hot sauna where we could relax in the heat and steam. Duffa (the huskey) made us feel right at home and our hosts played in the snow with us, building snow forts, making snow lanterns and having snow fights. The Northern Lights were everything we hoped and the landscape and countryside was simply mind-blowing. We could not have had a better time.

Jan 9, 2017
Dear Stephanie, thank you for your kind words and building a snowman to watch over our lodge, still there :o)! Welcome back! Anna & Heikki
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing