Wonderful journey in the middle of nowhere, but only 4 hours flight from Brussels with Blue 1. The transfer takes about 1 hour and then you finally arrive at the hotel Harriniva.
Ground floor rooms properly equipped with bathroom, shower, and good size. The atmosphere is decidedly mountain with wood everywhere.
The dog sled rides and snowmobiling are superb and the hotel graciously lends all the equipement you need to face the polar cold.
The temperaturestays allways around - 26 degrees celcius.
If you like speed, ask snowmobile 550CC, they are very effective.
We also tried ice Karting, beautiful experience if you like to slide.
The scenery is beautiful and maybe you will have the chance to see the aurora borealis as it was the case for us but not clearly.
We went as well to Lainio to visit the ice hotel and drink a glass of vodka and on the way back to Harriniva we stopped at Levi (ski village) to make some shopping.
In summary, our wonderful experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Harriniva is a family run business established in 1973. It provides versatile accommodation and restaurant services as well as unforgettable safari program services in the beautiful and unspoilt nature of Northern Lapland. The proprietors, Maria and Köpi Pietikäinen, and the whole Harriniva team welcome you to a unique and enjoyable experience of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Harriniva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harriniva Holiday Centre Hotel Muonio
- Hotel Harriniva Finland/Lapland - Muonio