Had a four night Northern Lights Quest here. Whole thing was well organised. Met at the airport by Katrina who popped up throughout our trip to check-in which was nice and reassuring.
Got our timetable, room key and "Aurora Alarm Device" (good ole Nokia phone that received text messages) on our coach trip to Harriniva from Kittila airport which was about 75km away.
Once we arrived, we dropped our bags off and went to collect our "equipment" which were thick boots, gloves, boiler suits and hats. Recommend wearing these as they suited the weather better than your ski gear you take. Plus, they're good protective gear against dirt and snow.
Activities were great and we'll lead by our guides Mark and Mia. Worked very well as a team and enthusiastic about the organised trips being snowmobiling night and day, snowshoeing in the dark in the forrest, reindeer farm and searching for the lights by minibus.
The husky ride is amazing and a must try. As is the cross country skiing lead by Mia and Saara.
Food was good. Nothing to complain about with buffet starters and desserts. Main courses were served to the table.
Would definitely recommend coming here and trying as much as you can. Even if you don't like dogs, you'll love the huskies. If you like adventure and speed you'll love the snowmobiles. If you love walking you'll love the cross country skiing and snowshoeing in search of the lights. If you don't like the cold, you'll still love it here by wrapping up in layers of thermals and the suits they give you. No excuses for not coming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Harriniva is a family run business established in 1973. It provides versatile accommodation and restaurant services as well as unforgettable safari program services in the beautiful and unspoilt nature of Northern Lapland. The proprietors, Maria and Köpi Pietikäinen, and the whole Harriniva team welcome you to a unique and enjoyable experience of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Harriniva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harriniva Holiday Centre Hotel Muonio
- Hotel Harriniva Finland/Lapland - Muonio