This was my first visit to the region and didn't really know what to expect - despite the great reviews on trip advisor. Having just returned from a six day stay booked with Wildlife and Wilderness, I couldn't rate this trip highly enough. The Harriniva centre was just brilliant, the staff were all friendly, helpful and responsive; the food amazingly good and the rooms were warm, comfortable and clean - with a great shower!
Our guide Scotty, had to step in at the last minute but did a great job - he was extremely knowledgeable, helpful and did all he could to make sure our group were well looked after.
The reindeer farm and sleigh ride was interesting and was a gentle introduction to the week. Snowmobiling was tougher than it looked - all those bumps! but great fun. We did a two day Husky Safari which was wonderful - despite blue skies, it was extremely cold so you need layers and more layers. The 'wilderness cabin' was great; warm and comfortable, despite the dormitory style - again this was way better than I expected. The Huskies are so beautiful but hanging on when they got going was quite an achievement.
We even had two nights when the Northern Lights appeared direcly above the hotel - words can't really capture the magic of seeing them, its something very very special.
I had a long stop over in Helsinki before the flight to Kittala but there's a bus from the airport to the centre of town every 20 minutes so I had the chance to look around and have lunch before my next flight.
I couldn't fault this trip in anyway and would recommend it to anyone thinking about trying something different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Harriniva is a family run business established in 1973. It provides versatile accommodation and restaurant services as well as unforgettable safari program services in the beautiful and unspoilt nature of Northern Lapland. The proprietors, Maria and Köpi Pietikäinen, and the whole Harriniva team welcome you to a unique and enjoyable experience of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Harriniva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harriniva Holiday Centre Hotel Muonio
- Hotel Harriniva Finland/Lapland - Muonio