Review Highlights
3rd time back here! Amazing place!

So this is my 3rd time back here in a year! Absolutely amazing holiday as always! Tiina, Sonja... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
OnAir45390794570
A good place

A good place. Tiina and her team are friendly and helpful ant try to make the best for her guests... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Dorothea G
Vienna, Austria

All reviews the cottages dog sledding northern lights bucket list kebab private sauna far north arctic ocean frozen tundra feel like family every night five nights light chasing absolutely everything dream come true would love to come back close friends
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2022

The cottages were so cute and perfect and the food in the restaurant was always excellent!!! Loved every moment of my trip!❤️

Date of experience: January 2022
Reviewed January 22, 2022 via mobile

I had a wonderful week at Aurora Holidays. The host, Tiina, is terrific. The food was delicious and was tailored to my needs as a vegetarian. Daytime activities were as promised. I went dog sledding, visited a reindeer herd, went on a snowmobile trip in the wilderness, and went to Norway to see the Arctic Ocean.
The cabins are very comfortable—the sauna was a perfect way to warm up after a night of watching the northern lights. And the northern lights were spectacular—a true bucket list experience.
I can’t say enough about the place and the people.

Date of experience: January 2022
Reviewed January 19, 2022

We loved everything about our New Year holiday with Aurora Holidays. Truly genuine hospitality, very comfortable accommodation, lovely food, incredible scenery, wonderful activities, super kind guides and absolutely mind blowing northern lights displays! The team at Aurora really go the extra mile to make sure everyone enjoys themselves and think of all the little extras that really make you feel cared for and cosy - despite temperatures dropping to -30 degrees celsius on our trip! 100% recommend.

Reviewed December 18, 2021

In late October I decided that I wanted to see the Northern Lights again, after checking with friends it became clear quickly that my best chances would be somewhere in Northern Lapland. Looking closer I found Tiina's family business with full board catering and of course the best chances to see the Lights. Tiina made sure to meet all my travel requirements and even got an extra driver to pick me up at Ivalo Airport as my flights got delayed. After driving 2 h through the arctic landscape we arrived at the shores of the Teno River and had some time to rest in my Finn Hut with its own sauna and all you need to feel right at home. The food was amazing and local stuff dominates the menu, with reindeer, arctic cod and fish from local lakes. But Tiina and the chef will make sure that you feel right at home there with vegan and vegetarian options provided. The first night we didn't see the aurora due to clouds. Next morning the skies started to clear and we did a snow shoe hike up to a hut on the fell where we had a fire and sausages. After resting and another amazing dinner the skies cleared and the Northern Lights began to shine faintly at first before filling the whole sky and dancing wonderfully above our heads. The happened the next two nights. As a photographer I was keen on exploring the area a bit an one day the Jonna took me on tour for three hours and the other day Tiina took us to Nuorgam up on a fell were we witness the beautiful arctic twilight. Also feeding the domestic reindeers was a cool experience and I learned a lot about the Sami culture.

Reviewed December 13, 2021 via mobile

All of it, being somewhere with no light pollution meant we saw the northern lights four nights out of five. The accomodation, food and staff were perfect. It really couldn't have been better