Review Highlights
A good place

A good place. Tiina and her team are friendly and helpful ant try to make the best for her guests... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Dorothea G
Vienna, Austria
Unique, special experience!

Our visit to Aurora Holidays was simply amazing. If you are looking for that trip to make special... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Laureen P
Tbilisi, Georgia

All reviews the cottages dog sledding northern lights bucket list kebab private sauna far north arctic ocean frozen tundra feel like family every night five nights light chasing absolutely everything dream come true would love to come back close friends
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2021

We looked for a fall getaway to see the Northern Lights. We found sites that cost less but offered less. Some had you make your own meals, some had no daytime activities, some were not in the best location for viewing.

Aurora Holidays had it all for a fair price: location (dark nights with unobstructed views, being far enough north the lights were overhead as well as on the horizon); three full meals plus snacks (gourmet quality food, presentation, and service); full service bar; clean new cabins; and the most warm and welcoming hostess and staff. We felt like and became a part of the family.

We experienced so much more than great views of the lights; we had guided hikes, tutoring in photography, learned about reindeer and herding, and enjoyed a peaceful and quiet place to rest and relax. It was a perfect getaway holiday, and during these covid concerns we felt safe and secure the whole time.

Tiina, thanks again from your Florida family.

Date of experience: October 2021
2  Thank Notsocranky8228
Reviewed September 30, 2021

2 nights at one of Tiina's cottages nearby the Teno River was simply an awesome experience to enjoy of "Ruska" in Finnish Lapland! One of the best cottages I have ever been to. Very modern, well-taken care of, all appliances and accessories that you may need during your stay and they are super clean. Breathtaking views to Teno river from the cottage window (Norway in front of you).
The best of the whole experience is how warmly Tiina welcomes and treats her customers. She made us feel like being at home and that makes you really enjoy your stay. She is also a great cook and prepares super delicious food consisting of the most fresh local ingredients. In addition, we were lucky enough and already on our first night we saw the Northen Lights over the Teno Rivee from our cottage.
I will highly recommend Aurora Holidays and I will also be back!

Date of experience: September 2021
1  Thank OvifiC
Reviewed August 16, 2021

We enjoyed a dinner with a view at Aurora Holidays in July. Tasty food, friendly staff and beautiful location. I am sure will be visiting another time too.

Date of experience: July 2021
1  Thank Anmadkan
Reviewed March 30, 2021

I was there from 30.12.2020 to 6.01.2021. It was one of the best holidays I have ever done. Due to covid I was stuck in Finland where I used to live and no possibility to visit friends or family, so I decided to go up to the Northernmost part of Finland and chase some northern lights.
Tiina was really welcoming and helpful and she understood since the beginning how much I wanted to see northern lights....so, despite the weather (unfortunately most of the time cloudy), she was driving me wherever there was a chance to have open sky! And we did it, last night we saw a spectacular show :).
Moreover, the cottages are really nice and include everything you need, also a great sauna! From the deck you can see Norway and everyday you can do many trails to discover the surroundings. You can climb up to Steve the hut, walk along the river or relax admiring the landscape from the cottage's deck. I also learned a lot on Sami culture and reindeer herding.
Surely a place where I will come back.

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed March 14, 2021

We had the opportunity to spend a memorable holiday in the beautiful scenery of Utsjoki. Aurora Holidays offers a seamless and safe way to enjoy your vacation and nature.

The holiday was full of nice little surprises, and both the cottage and the staff totally exceeded our expectations.

Aurora Holidays pays close attention to sexual minority travelers and genuinely strives to create a safe and warm atmosphere for all visitors. I remember this holiday for the rest of my life, we got to enjoy the beautiful scenery, unforgettable experiences, good food and endless hospitality that host Tiina and her husband Mika offered to our group. Thank you Tiina, Mika, Ryann and Jaakko!

Date of experience: February 2021
Aurora H, Owner at Aurora Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2021

Thank you Anttoni, we had so much fun with you guys!