“A must do during your stay in Abisko”
Review of Splitcane Adventures - CLOSED

Splitcane Adventures
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We did two activities with Klas during our stay at Abisko mountain lodge.
Firstly, we did the aurora snow shoe trek on our first night. And guess what, the lights came out to play. Klas took us for a great trek up the hill through the national park with stops along the way to teach us about the lights and some local folklore. The man himself even managed to light a fire in the -30C conditions and serve up some warm drinks.
Secondly, we did the ice climbing. What a great adventure this was. Completely safe, but totally exhilarating and a lot of fun. We are not climbers, and I did this with my wife. I would say this is open to all skill levels.
Hope to come back some time in summer for a spot of fishing.

3  Thank Burner84
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I did a lot of great activities with Splitcane organised via Abisko Mountain Lodge.

Klas, the owner and guide is a first class adventure instructor and his passion for the winter outdoors and Abisko is obvious when you meet him.

I did Ice Fishing ( although the Arctic Char decided to have a day off ) & Snowshoe trekking at night to find the Northern Lights, whilst some travelling companions also did ice climbing which they loved.

Klas is friendly, informative and passionate and also happens to have a very cute companion his dog Silka, who gets a lot of attention.

If you have a chance to do some activities with Klas you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank KATSYD