TripAdvisor

from $127.20
More Info
from $169.43
More Info
All reviews photo tour every night sd card professional photographer first night dog sledding guide chris once in a lifetime landscape photography helicopter ride making sure amazing photos two nights taking photos great shots new friends complete novice
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2019 via mobile

My friend and I did this tour and our guide was terrific at making us feel confident even though we started off not knowing anything about the cameras or night photography. He was always right there to help. We were lucky with great displays. Make sure to ask for boots bigger than your normal size to fit extra socks without being too tight or your feet will freeze. Breakfast and lunch were open buffet so plenty of choice and volume. Dinner a bit more hit and miss but satisfactory. Lodging clean and comfortable.

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

We did the 3 night photo tour with them , the Aurora was amazing, we managed to see the aurora on all 3 nights , the guides were helpful in setting up the camera and helping us click some amazing pictures

On the 2nd night while we were walking about to the hotel the aurora was dancing on our heads , as we didn’t had our own camera couldn’t capture it , but it was once in a lifetime experience

The customer service is superb, they are very responsive and tentative to the emails , I’ve had multiple email communications without any issues and they even helped me to plan the itinerary and they gave suggestions as well

Look no further to book a tour with them

Amazing job guys . It was a wonderful experience

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

We took a Photography tour with this company end of Feb/ 1st week of March . Actually a day after we saw the most beautiful Aurora that could be seen - actually saw the dancing green lights and the pink / red hues - beautiful!
The tour company is very good - specially on customer service - I was not happy on a certain issue and the CEO rang back to follow it up so they take their no 1 position very seriously! He was very good and I would def use this company again .

Lights_Over_Lapland, Owner at Lights Over Lapland, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Hello WishwasaBird!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this kind review. It was my pleasure to speak with you about your experience with us and it gives our entire team great satisfaction to know that you are happy with the focus that we put on customer service. Please know that you and the rest of your travelling companions are welcome back in Abisko any time!

Thanks again and best of luck in the future!

Chad

Reviewed April 10, 2019

We, my friend Herma and I had an amazing time in Abisko. Filled with loads of fun activities. For me snowmobiling will stay a once in a lifetime activity as I am way to scared to go full speed, but my friend Herma was a speed devil :) Dogsledding and the Sami and Reindeer experience are top even though I already did it multiple times. To be so close to these animals, enjoy nature and the Sami traditions is simply fantastic.
And than of course to top it all: the aurora photography activities where we had Sarah Skinner who is a true natural in guiding. With a relative small group, she did go all the way to make the experience as unforgettable as it could potentially be. Great aurora photo opportunities at great places in Abisko National park and surroundings. The last night was even more special with a camp fire on the ice (!) and swirling coronas and dancing auroras Again a trip to never forget.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

I’d recommend both Abisko and Lights Over Lapland if you’re considering a trip to see the aurora. Our guide Oliver had great knowledge of the area and really helped us understand the landscape, the night skies and the local wildlife. For both beginning amateur and pro-level photographers, Oliver and the team do a great job helping guests get the most from their trip and always seemed keen to make sure everyone had a great experience. Thanks for making the trip one to remember!

Date of experience: January 2019