All reviewsmangofull kitchenbooze cruisesan juan del suractivities directorsurf packagezip liningsurf lessonsbedroom bungalowrum punchdirt roadboat tourdestination weddinghorseback ridinghowler monkeyscentral americahermosa beach
Reviewed September 4, 2017

The Mango Rosa staff and facility are top notch!!! They provide everything that you need to have a good time in Nicaragua. They are just a short drive to two of the prettiest beaches that we have ever been too!!!! The food is amazing! We recommend the daily specials for every meal!!! The specials are reasonably priced and always delicious! The resort is in a private setting that me and my husband enjoyed. The room was beautiful! Make sure that you go fishing with Capt Greg and his mate Ronald!!! Awesome to see the beautiful coastline by boat. Then they cooked our fresh catch at the resort and it was the end of a great day!!!! We loved this place so much that we stayed an extra night! The worst part was getting in the taxi to leave. We will be back, sooner than later!!!! Let Greg and his staff guide you in paradise.

Room Tip: The beach locals are awesome and friendly to talk to! Best sunsets!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kristenrwiles
lapangarosa, Owner at Mango Rosa Nicaragua, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Thank you as well so much, for joining us and giving us the opportunity to share our Paradise with you. Being established since 2006 in this region has given us the experience to share with our guest the best the Mango Rosa and Nicaragua has to offer in a very relaxing and care free manner. Until we meet again, safe travels and keep in touch...we will save some fish for you. Capt Greg & The Mango Crew!!

Reviewed August 30, 2017

My friend and I stayed there 2 nights and had an excellent experience. The staff and service was great; the lodging excellent...and the location could not have been better. Ronda, (I hope this is the correct spelling), the manager was superb,,,,personally making sure that our experience there was top notch

Stayed: August 2017

Thank you and our pleasure, We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit. Until then safe travels and keep in touch. Capt Greg & The Mango Crew.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I am so glad that we finally took a trip to the beaches of Nicaragua and stayed at Mango Rosa. Not only did they pick us up in a comfortable shuttle bus with a bilingual and polite driver, they attended to every detail at a moment's notice. Greg, his wife Darling and their staff are so accommodating. He answers emails promptly and makes sure to custom fit your vacation stay. The Casa Madera where we stayed was huge and comfortable. The Surf package included food and drinks and some fun adventures. We went fishing on a Panga boat, surfing and for a sunset cruise. We absolutely loved our time there as a family and think that for large groups and destination weddings, it would be a great spot!
Gracias a todos,

Room Tip: Each casita is lovely!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
lapangarosa, Owner at Mango Rosa Nicaragua, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Fantastic to hear and was great having you and the whole Family for some great times surfing, fishing, horse riding, pool side bbq, and all the rest. Please take care and hope to see you back down for more Family Fun and adventure in the future...in the meantime, Safe Travels..Capt Greg and The Mango Crew...

Reviewed August 12, 2017

This is a very well-run and comfortable resort! Plus great food. Would definitely stay there again. It is nicely positioned away from the hustle an bustle of San Juan Del Sur and near some great beaches.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank DianaG1918

So happy to hear and thank you for the nice note. I hope the rest of your stay in Nicaragua was equally as enjoyable and we look forward to having you in the future....Capt Greg & The Mango Crew..

Reviewed August 8, 2017

I loved my 5 night stay at Mango Rosa! I closed out my 12 day trip here and don't regret it. I was looking to stay somewhere a little more remote and with nature and this place foot the bill perfectly. The staff are awesome and outgoing and helpful and the first thing that struck me about the resort was how nice the staff were. Within minutes I was checked in, luggage in my room and the security guy was taking me on a walk showing me where the howler Monkey's hung out. The room was beautiful, so large and spacious and very comfortable and clean. I really enjoyed the pool, being served food and drinks around the pool does not suck. This was the most quiet and peaceful place I stayed in Nica and the primary reason I chose it. I was awoken by roosters every morning of my trip (and I knew I would be)....until I arrived here:) The restaraunt is awesome, everything from breakfast to snacks and dinner was fantastic. They have different daily meal and drink specials to mix things up. I booked a booze cruise...or, ahem sorry...a fishing trip on the hotel's boat, Pango Rosa I think it was called, and had an absolute blast. The hotel helped me book a canopy tour and my transport to the airport and even helped when I ran out of money and were able to do sort of a cash advance for me, as there is no ATM close by.

The hotel is a bit remote and on an unfinished road. I knew the hotel was on a very bumpy dirt road and I wanted the seclution it offered so I didn't mind that a bit. The fun roads are part of the experience and comes with the territory in Nica - few roads are actually paved. That said, I under estimated the taxi cost to get to and from town. I considered the cost based on distance, not time. SJDS isn't far from the hotel but it takes 15-20 minutes with the road condition. Once the shuttles stop at night, you have to rely on a taxi that will cost $40 return. This wasn't a problem for me, but definately worth mentioning for other travellers. Also, I feel I shouldn't need to mention this seeing as the hotel is in a jungle so it should go without saying but the mosquitos are BAD. Bring lots of bug spray and after bite!!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank LondonEnzo

Thank you so much for you kind words and sharing you pleasant experience here at Mango Rosa. From our staff to activities to the beauty of staying comfortably in the midst of Nature. Also great news is the municipality just fixed the road and whether you choose a $.50 local bus a $3 shuttle or yes a private driver it is all smooth sailing from Mango to town and the nearby beaches. We look forward to seeing you again, until then safe travels and keep in touch. Capt Greg & The Mango Crew!!