Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Recommended experiences in and around Antigua
from $120.00
from $110.00
from $215.39
from $136.89
More Info
All reviews trail muddy thrilling wear blast tour fun island antigua beach joel
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2020

268 Buggies delivered exactly what it promised, a high energy tour through the swamps and farmlands of Antigua. Our family has done quite a bit of off road vacation excursions, and none begin to compare to this one. I really believe this tour has ruined all tours we take in the future; because I can’t see how they will ever live up to 268 Buggies.

I can be a bit of a worrier; I felt 100% at ease with Joel and his team; they had everything under control so all we had to do was enjoy. We got crazy muddy, we hit the some serious terrain at full speed and we loved every second. Our 10 year old daughter was a passenger; and smiled ear to ear the entire time.

The private beach we ended with, was quite possibly the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in my life. We loved everything so much; we scheduled another tour the following day. We HIGHLY recommend 268 buggies and hope everyone reading this gets the opportunity to experience this for themselves!!!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

This was a highlight of our trip to Antigua. The team is super friendly and made sure we had a great time. The path is a fun mixture of off road, mud and sand - with a bonus of visiting a secluded beach on their private track.

Reviewed December 28, 2019

My first time ever doing anything like this and was an amazing experience that I will never forget. Firstly, customer service was more than excellent! The whole ride there was someone making sure we city girls were ok!!! I’ve been told that I am extra my whole life and these amazing guys took extra care of my family and I. They made sure our time was nothing short of amazing!!! My family is from Antigua.. born and raised but never seen the beach we ended up visiting. It was the best surprise ever!!! We spent extra time because it was so beautiful! This was the most exciting, thrilling, breathtaking experience. This was the best experience of me visit! I can’t wait to return because I’m going again!! Memories were created that will last a lifetime! Thank you! #SweetAntigua

Reviewed November 17, 2019 via mobile

Great time for our entire group. Be ready to get crazy dirty, but Soo much fun. The owners were very nice, the equipment was old and beat up, but when you see where they go it makes sense. And we ended up at what was arguably one on the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed November 11, 2019

My family and I booked this tour while we were on our cruise and we had a great time aside from a few hiccups. The 1st hiccup was the tour operator never gave us a firm pick up location and time, we just went with the 10 am pick up outside the Columbian Emeralds store listed on the tour information. When we were heading out I got a call from Joel the tour guide that the pick up was at 9:45 in a different location that was originally was given. We scrambled and got there a few minutes late to find that the van that was picking us up only sat 7 people and I had booked for a party of 6 adults, there was already 2 other guests in the van plus the driver and he said we would have to just make due. So we pilled in and people had to sit on top of other people, very unsafe for the 20 minute drive to the location. Then once we got there we were given very brief instructions for the buggies, they were very old and seemed unsafe, they had to start them with portable batteries and we were told to drive with 2 feet one on the brake and not to take our other foot off the gas at any time because it would stall and they would have to come re-start them. The buggies breaks were literally non existing, it was very unsafe as we travelled on city roads in some areas and we couldn't stop for traffic. We took off and had a pretty good fun drive for about 45 minutes, going through lots of mud puddles until the chain on our buggy snapped and they couldn't fix it because they hadn't brought any spare chains so the guide gave us his buggy and hoped on the back and we ended up at a beautiful beach. We were given about 30 minutes to swim and enjoy the beach, there no refreshments of anything, thank goodness we had brought some water bottles for ourselves, they had nothing. we had to wait for the other poor couple that had their buggy break down multiple times to get to the beach. Our way back was pretty horrible as a couple of other machines broke down we had to leave those and my son in law and the guide had to ride on the back on the machines, Just ridiculous! Once we finally got back there was no facility for us to wash off or change, I had to ask if we could use an old water tap that was at the back of a very unkept building so we could get this mud off our clothes and I also had to ask if there was a bathroom we could use. They were able to let us use a bathroom in a house that was being used as a location but was clearly just someone's house. It was weird. We told them that we had fun but they really should get new machines, we spent over $900 for this tour that was definitely not worth that. The ride back was again us pilled into the same van all on top of each other only this time they laid down some old shower curtains on the seats so our wet muddy clothes didn't ruin the seats. So now we were not just squished we were also wet, dirty and very uncomfortable sitting on plastic! I would not recommend this tour if you are expecting a safe ride. very sketchy!