“chose other place to stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Kinmel

The Kinmel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abergele
London, United Kingdom
“chose other place to stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

PROS: Nice hotel surroundings - mountains and farms. Large parking space.

CONS: Too young and inattentive staff. Spooky hallways with smelly carpets. Faulty door 'lock', could get in our room only in 5 goes. Stained carpet in the room, dirty bedskirt. It feels like rooms are renewed recently but will need a facelift in half a year if cleaners don't pay attention. Overall room was ok. Awful pool with falling ceiling parts, disgusting sauna. I booked this hotel having in mind it does have a indoor pool and sauna in case it rains - thanks God it was sunny!!! Average breakfast with worlds worts coffee ever in grey color. Please book hotel somewhere else as it is not worth money. Abergele village is alright if you are 70+.

Room Tip: Ask for a renewed room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AgneRa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
colwyn bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Got married on the 25th August 2013 in the Kinmel Manor hotel.
I would recommend this venue to anybody that is thinking of booking their special day with this hotel.
From the planning to the actual day it self Adrian and his team did brilliantly.
The ceremony room and reception room was exactly how we wanted it thanks to Cherry Blue designs.
The wedding breakfast was lovely and all our guests enjoyed it.
The bridal sweet is amazing!!!!
The breakfast in the morning is amazing and all the staff were very helpful.

Big thank you to all the kinmel manor staff and also to Adrian for making our day exactly how we wanted it.

Room Tip: If you have a small wedding ceremony like we did (51 people) we recommend the restaurant room which...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Abergele, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We got married here 6th may 2011 and love popping back again for more events and weddings. The staff are so friendly and try their best, the food is lovely. the buffet choice is excellent. the restaurant is lovely

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here for one night not very impressed. On arrival had to wait as no one on reception. Not very welcoming, room average and the dining room for breakfast not cleaned from the night before. Breakfast not the best. Overall not worth £90 a night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Got married here on 21st June 2013 and it was the best day of my life!! Adrian and all his staff were fantastic and the bridal suite was lovely. Everyone of our guests commented on how lovely the food and entertainment was at the venue! Huge thanks to the Kinmel Manor from Mr & Mrs Hughes!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Well had my wedding day there on the 4th aug 2013 it was out of this world Adrian sorted it all it was a brill day the staff was brill and the food was amazing dont have anything bad to say I would book again just wanna say this hotel and the food and staff are lovely room was lovely what a happy hotel

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Did I mention that I really, REALLY like this hotel? I stayed here last night (30th July) after a couple of months of Kinmel-Manor-free hotel stays elsewhere. I hasten to mention that this is due to geography rather than choice; Cambridge is a little too far for a night at Kinmel Manor.

As usual, I was given a very warm welcome and a light, well-appointed room. Without even asking, I was given a menu for room service, immediately offered help with my extensive luggage and asked if there was anything else I needed. There was a small problem with the TV signal that was promptly sorted out by Adrian who leapt into action to restore 'Coronation Street' to a damsel in distress.

This is the only hotel I'm aware of (in the UK), stocking 'Prija' bathroom products. If you haven't yet tried that range, you really should. It's an aromatic cacophony of dreaminess...

The staff at Kinmel Manor are extremely professional yet very attuned to the needs of their guests. As a fairly regular guest myself, often arriving dishevelled and bewildered from clambering about in plant machinery all day, they soothe with super-quick delivery of tea, water, food and anything else I desire - and, when I need it most, they know to use little words - and not too many of them - so as not to over-tax my frazzled brain. What I am clumsily trying to say is that the staff make the effort to anticipate and deliver exactly what is needed; adroitly adjusting to the different and varied needs of individual guests. Care is taken to ensure that guests requiring assistance with mobility, for example, are accommodated without fuss or drama. The general staff attitude of 'how can I help?' would put even the most shy guest at ease and confident to ask for anything they needed.

The hotel attracts patrons of all ages and watching the staff dealing with the very young, the elderly and everybody else is a joy. What I particularly like is that guests are not harried or rushed, they're always treated kindly and respectfully. Whilst this really shouldn't be something worthy of specific mention given that it should be the 'norm - it isn't something that I witness very often at other hotels. I stay in many hotels, all over the UK, during the course of a year, some with very grand star ratings indeed. In my opinion, the Kinmel Manor is uniquely able to match and exceed the very best service standards amongst its peers in the hotel industry.

The Kinmel Manor hotel is an extremely popular wedding and special occasion venue as can be seen from some of the other reviews. The location is perfect with a crack team of staff who are committed and motivated to making a special day even more so. I wish I'd had my own wedding here; perhaps for my next one...?

I can't possibly leave a review about this hotel without mentioning - again - the very charming Colin who owns the hotel; he has a kind word and keen interest in all of his guests and it matters to him that customers are satisfied and willing to return to the hotel. I do not believe this to be an general industry standard - and it SHOULD be. Repeat business is a clear indication of customer delight and Colin and his staff work hard to achieve this. Also... his twinkling eyes and mischievous grin never fail to make me blush like a teenager...!

However, whilst Colin is most definitely my favourite hotelier, I very much doubt that I am his favourite guest... I managed to pull down the curtain in my room this morning. I don't think he knows about that?

I look forward to my next stay at the Kinmel Manor and am already dreaming up excuses for a North Wales tour very soon.

Room Tip: Some rooms are equipped with a bath, some aren't, so specify if this is required.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abergele
Premier Inn Rhuddlan Hotel
Ruthin Castle Hotel
Waterloo Hotel
Waterloo Hotel
#2 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed

Been to The Kinmel? Share your experiences!