“Excellent hotel”

and 1 more site!
The Kinmel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abergele
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Took family and friends for dinner for our Golden Wedding Anniversary. The food was absolutely superb , the staff were most helpful and the service was excellent.

We would thoroughly recommend visiting the Seasons Restaurant, whether it be for a lunch, dinner of a special occassion - you would not find better in this area.

Also, value for money, we could not fault it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Very well positioned with excellent parking facillites- the staff were helpful and very friendly- the room a little lack lustre but comfortable with good ensuite.
We had dinner there and the food was quite outstanding- probably the best hotel restaurant we have been to in years- breakfast was also brilliant - everything so fresh and appetising- we have since heard from friends that is well known locally for consistently good food.
Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I've been coming to the Kinmel Manor for years now and have seen the place grow and grow into what is now a fantastic hotel. I travel all over the world with work and pleasure and always love coming back to this picture postcard gem in the country.

My last visit was 18 June 11 and was not disappointed. It was a beautiful day and there was a wedding going on as i arrived which looked amazing with the photos being taken on the lawn infront of the hotel by the old oak tree. I've been to a wedding at the hotel before and it was superb from start to finish. An ideal location with everything you need.

It was the first time i had been since the reception had been completely refurbished and it looked great combining the old Welsh fireplace with modern white marble floors and leather sofas.

I was shown to my room by the always lovely staff on reception to a newly refurbished room which must have had the biggest 4 poster bed in Wales and beautifully appointed bathroom.

I always love going to see the huge old fireplace in the restaurant which gives the feel of a stately home. magnificent!! After spending the day at newborough beach on Anglesey i came back to my favourite main course of Lamb Henry in the Seasons Brasserie in the front of the hotel and managed to polish off a few gin and tonics with the manger and his staff making excellent company.

Waking up to a swim and a hottub before breakfast is a great way to start the day followed by coffee and a paper overlooking the Welsh coast and country side.

Cant wait to go back and hopefully stay a bit longer than a night next time.

A must stay!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank NathanJ0nes
Reviewed June 2, 2011

when we were shown to our room which was pleasant we were told breakfast would be put in the fridge for the following morning. I asked could we have a cooked breakfast and was told this is what is happening this weekend. For the price of the room and the very mediocre breakfast we received I felt that as had spent over 300 pounds including dinner in the evening somewhat "cheated" at our experience. There was no owner around the following morning and it was quite clear when I went in to pay in the bar that as I had also negotiated a better rate - I was still paying the high price for a fridge breakfast. Would not rush back to the Kinmel - Meal in the evening I would give 4/10

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We booked the Kinmel Manor for a large charity event - the service was excellent, the staff were really attentive & helped beyond expectations.
The ballroom is newly updated and spacious - the new bar is gorgeous!
Our room was newly refurbished with a large ensuite biggest shower ever!
Breakfast was great & the service prompt.
I can't hank Tom & the team enough for their help - we are so happy we have already booked them for next years event!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We stayed for just the one night with our daughter and son in law, as a quick bank holiday break. I booked a normal room and got the both for £75 each room B&B.
The rooms were spacious and clean, nothing fancy but very acceptable. The bathroom was a bit dated, but again clean and functional.
The breakfast was very good with both full English and continental available, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Never had a chance to use the pool facilities and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Visited the Kinmel manor and I have to say I was very impressed. After reading so many negative reviews i found it a great place! Friendly staff an lovely food. It was great to be able to unwind in such a relaxing environment. I will definatly be back and have already recommened it to friends.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abergele
The Quay Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in St. Asaph
Travelodge Colwyn Bay
Travelodge Colwyn Bay
#1 of 3 in Colwyn Bay

Been to The Kinmel? Share your experiences!