“Bright and new, but takes more than that!”

DPL Wine & Grill Bar
Ranked #6 of 88 Restaurants in Abergele
Cuisines: Bar, Spanish, British, Wine Bar, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modern Tapas, Wine & Grill Bar
“Bright and new, but takes more than that!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I went here a few days ago. I liked that the place is bright, airy and (from what I could see) clean. The other cafes in Abergele look a bit worn out and can feel cramped and gloomy. On the downside it shares same problem as other places i.e rude staff and over-pricing. The menu here at least is different from other places but isn't fairly priced. Has a pleasant outdoor area, a major advantage over Coffee Rooms, Farmhouse and Jade Leaf. If this place had the better staff from the Rooms and their prices and the consistent service of Jade it would sew up Abergele !!

1 Thank Davey61

“Different !!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife ate here in the summer time we had a cheese platter and garlic prawns of the tapas menu and it was amazing and the menu was different than anywhere I have ate in a long time , nice freindly staff , say no more !!!

Abergele, United Kingdom
“There is something not right here”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Does it not occur to trip advisor that poor/terrible reviews received from a contributor who has clearly registered to leave the review and has only taken the trouble to leave one review since registering are a tad suspicious and may indeed be malicious.

My wife and I are locals and regular visitors to the Departure Lounge and whilst we would not say it was perfect , there is for example a divergence between the price of a bottle of wine which is reasonable and the price charged per glass which is expensive, we find it welcoming and a good addition to Abergele High Street. It is not a gourmet restaurant but then again does not pretend to be although we do not find it particularly expensive for what is provided. Food we have had nas been generally good.

I would advise people to give it a try. You may not record a five star review but I would be very surprised if you were as horrified as some of the contributors profess to be here. Oh and as an aside don't be 'left' sitting at a table you don't like, you can normally take your choice!

• Visited January 2013
Conwy, United Kingdom
“bad staff and grease galore”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

2 of my friends had a birthday so we visited here to have a celebration meal and drinks.
we were left sitting at a table facing the the kitchen area(chef kept looking at us..no one else was in there)didnt see a waitress for at least 10 mins and then she didnt come over until we got her attention(she seemed to be preocupied)we ordered a bottle of wine and sharing platters for the 4 of us.
wine was lovely and chilled to perfection.although a tad over priced.
the food was a plate of cheap frozen deep fried swimming in grease inedible mess.
we ddnt bother to complain as clearly no one cared.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank gigglz1
Lynne P, Manager at DPL Wine & Grill Bar, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our restaurant.
I am certainly very disappointed that your visit to us was not all it could have been.
We appreciate every comment made and endeavour to do our best to improve the quality of service we provide to all of our customers.
We aim to seat our customers in an area which is suitable which is suitable for them - & had it of come to our attention that you were unhappy where you were, we would have gladly moved you to another, vacant and more suitable area.
It is not acceptable that you had to wait over 10 minutes to be served, & I am also disappointed that the member of staff in question was “preoccupied”, it is our aim to serve every customer in a friendly, courteous & prompt manner - & I can assure you that this is an issue I will definitely be looking into.
The Departure Lounge Sharing Platter is one of our most popular dishes, & it is disappointing to hear that on the occasion you visited us the meal was not up to the standard expected.
We have recently upgraded our menu to include a larger selection of Sharing Platters; including both cheese & seafood.
I would like to apologise on behalf of everyone at The Departure Lounge, & can assure you that all of your comments have been taken onboard.
liverpool
“nice food”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

you can get everything you want here from tea and coffe food, alcohol they have groups on and singers really good night out very friendly

Visited December 2012