“bad staff and grease galore”

DPL Wine & Grill Bar
Ranked #5 of 92 Restaurants in Abergele
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Welsh
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Modern Tapas, Wine & Grill Bar
Reviewed January 7, 2013

2 of my friends had a birthday so we visited here to have a celebration meal and drinks.
we were left sitting at a table facing the the kitchen area(chef kept looking at us..no one else was in there)didnt see a waitress for at least 10 mins and then she didnt come over until we got her attention(she seemed to be preocupied)we ordered a bottle of wine and sharing platters for the 4 of us.
wine was lovely and chilled to perfection.although a tad over priced.
the food was a plate of cheap frozen deep fried swimming in grease inedible mess.
we ddnt bother to complain as clearly no one cared.

1  Thank gigglz1
Lynne P, Manager at DPL Wine & Grill Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our restaurant.
I am certainly very disappointed that your visit to us was not all it could have been.
We appreciate every comment made and endeavour to do our best to improve the quality of service we provide to all of our customers.
We aim to seat our customers in an area which is suitable which is suitable for them - & had it of come to our attention that you were unhappy where you were, we would have gladly moved you to another, vacant and more suitable area.
It is not acceptable that you had to wait over 10 minutes to be served, & I am also disappointed that the member of staff in question was “preoccupied”, it is our aim to serve every customer in a friendly, courteous & prompt manner - & I can assure you that this is an issue I will definitely be looking into.
The Departure Lounge Sharing Platter is one of our most popular dishes, & it is disappointing to hear that on the occasion you visited us the meal was not up to the standard expected.
We have recently upgraded our menu to include a larger selection of Sharing Platters; including both cheese & seafood.
I would like to apologise on behalf of everyone at The Departure Lounge, & can assure you that all of your comments have been taken onboard.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

you can get everything you want here from tea and coffe food, alcohol they have groups on and singers really good night out very friendly

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Was introduced to this place by friends, had some brilliant Christmas nights out. Feel really welcome in the departure lounge, and always looked after. Recently went and had a cheese sharing platter which was delicious. cant wait for the summer to be able to sit out on the decking with a pint of cider.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! I actually live near gatwick but my dad and his girlfriend live in Abergele and every time I visit we go there nearly everynight! I visit about 4-5 times a year and the staff and mangers always remember me and are so lovely! We have eaten here on many occasions and I love the food there is always something different and accommodate to you! Would always recommend the departure lounge and can't wait for my next visit :)

Thank you so very much for your kind comments and feedback.
We pride ourselves on trying to make every customer feel both welcome and special.
I am happy to hear that you enjoy the meals we have here, we do our best to try and accommodate for every taste.
Our menu has recently been upgraded & now has some fantastic & delicious new additions - Including a selection of Home-made burgers ...
On your next visit I can personally recommend the Aussie Burger ... piled high with an 8oz localy sourced beef burger, fried egg, pineapple, salad, cheese & beetroot.
..... My mouth is watering just writing about it!!!
We look forward to your next visit, & once again thank you for taking the time to review us

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Some comments here are by malicious competitors methinks! Dep Lounge is a decent bar/bistro/restaurant/coffeehouse which is a good addition to the hostelries of Abergele. (A London visitor told me he wished it was on his high street!). Decent food and beverages at a reasonable price amidst bright pleasing decor which is occasionally enlivened by creations from ferociously gay barman/waiter A J (think Graham Norton on speed). Also pretty female staff (ie not Brian) who are sadly too young for me. Easy to while away a few pleasant hours at this place.

1  Thank kwikki