Isle of Eriska is what you hope all Scottish Country House Hotels will be like. The room was comfortable, the lounges all had big open fires that you could curl up next to with a book, the food was wonderful and the service was attentive, but not overbearing - just right. We even saw some badgers.
I stayed in a superior room on the first floor which was very comfortable. I really enjoyed the food with venison one night and sirloin steak the next and the cheese board is possibly the best cheese board I have ever had. Anyone who ever orders cheese for dessert will appreciate the disappointment when a prepared plate with the clingfilm cover freshly removed arrives at the table, but this was something else with something like 30 different cheeses on offer. Breakfast was also smashing. I had a lovely back massage and the spa facilities were great.
It was expensive, but we really got what we paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Isle of Eriska Hotel, Spa & Golf is situated on its own island on the west coast of Scotland connected to the mainland by a small, vehicle bridge. Only 2 hours drive from Glasgow and 10 minutes from Oban, it offers the perfect location to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Isle of Eriska Hotel, Spa & Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isle Of Eriska Hotel, Spa & Golf Hotel Benderloch
- Isle Of Eriska Hotel, Spa And Golf
- Isle Of Eriska Hotel, Spa & Island Benderloch, Scotland