“Anyone for a Peach Bathroom Suite?”

Isle of Eriska Hotel, Spa & Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Benderloch
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Anyone for a Peach Bathroom Suite?”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Locked into an empty, unfinished sports hall.
Jacuzzi fizzing with bleach.
Broken wooden steps to jacuzzi.
No wifi.
Noisy 'radiator pipes' preventing sleep.

Not the Greatest.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank skoolrunmum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Markinch, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in October. Despite weather of heavy wind and rain we had a wonderful holiday. The staff are friendly and very pleasant without being intrusive, the service is excellent, food first class and the accommodation warm and inviting. One point to bear in mind when booking is that the bedrooms shown on the internet do not reflect the décor for all the bedrooms.We booked a king-size deluxe room and were initially given one that is still to be refurbished( one of 3 seemingly).It was draughty and a bit old fashioned and not really what I had expected. However, we were immediately moved to "Tanera" which is featured on the website and was perfect.
Highlights for us were the Badgers,afternoon tea, cheese trolley and pleasant staff.
We will definitely be back

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Fife
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I have stayed in top hotels all over the world but I can not wait to go back to this special hotel. The staff are professional and friendly and the spa treatments great. if you are thinking about booking a hotel in this area do not hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: We were in a spa suite and had our own hot tub, extra privacy and extra space,
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2011

An amazingly peaceful, relaxing and welcoming hotel. The rooms could not be better and the staff were helpful, informative and very friendly without being intrusive. The badgers were the highlight of our stay, although the Spa came a close second.

Atlanta
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Isle of Eriska is not just a hotel, it is an experience. The service was impeccable, the staff (I learned they live on the estate in their own sort of village) were like a family -- all working in perfect harmony to make sure every aspect of my stay was memorable -- the food, the gardens, and our accommodations were the high point of our trip to Scotland. It's not just a hotel, but a destination. We had a deluxe corner room overlooking the water in the distance and the beautiful grounds. The room was large with oversized chairs to curl up in, comfortable beds and high quality linens. A huge bathroom, scrumptious towels. A separate shower and tub. Appreciated having a pants press. The bed was so comfortable and the overall stay so relaxing that on our last morning I (a light sleeper, happy if I can get in 5 hours) slept past checkout time. I called reception to apologize for not checking out, and they could not have been nicer and insisted I take my time and enjoy a late breakfast. An idealic stay. Worth every penny! You have to experience it to understand how special it is. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2011
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband took me here as a surprise celebration for my 50th birthday. Our booking was for 3 days and we stayed in a spa suite adjacent to the hotel which was lovely. The suite was extremely well decorated, tastefully, modern and bright - equipped with everything you could possibly need with even a jaccuzzi in the backgarden!

The hotel has a wonderful ambience too and the food was delicious. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

My husband and I enjoy walking but our stay was short so we only saw a fraction of the island which has much to offer! A place where you can choose to do as much or as little as possible.

I treated myself to a hot stones spa treatment which was self indulgence at its best - a truly, wonderful experience.

The Isle of Eriska Hotel more than deserves its 5* rating in every way.

Room Tip: Our bedroom in the spa suite was luxuriously comfortable...slept like a baby!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Isle of Eriska hotel. The style is of a baronial hall, but very welcoming and comfortable. We were very happy with our room, although the bed could have been firmer. The bathroom had both bath and separate shower - always a plus point.

They offer a free afternoon tea which I loved - this included scones, cream and jam and shortbread and smoked chocolate brownies - these last were divine. My husband would have preferred some sandwiches too.

We had dinner here and although excellent - the main course selection was limited to one meat, one fish, and one vegetarian dish which was pasta: I don't consider pasta to be an appropriate vegetarian option for a main course (in Italy pasta isn't considered a main course). The descriptions of the starters seemed a little vague and we didn't think they necessarily described the dishes particularly well. However, the meal was excellent, and the breakfasts were outstanding I loved the basket of what seemed to be homemade bread and croissants.

The staff could not have been nicer - top marks for service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benderloch
The Pierhouse Hotel
#7 of 13 in Oban
Falls Of Lora
Falls Of Lora
#1 of 2 in Connel

Been to Isle of Eriska Hotel, Spa & Island? Share your experiences!